Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
Seqera exists to make complex scientific data analysis accessible at any scale. Empowering scientists with modern software engineering for data analysis
We provide software for scientists solving today's most complex and important challenges from pioneering innovative therapeutics to unveiling the secrets of our universe. The journey began a decade ago with Nextflow — open software that helps over 100,000 global scientists analyze and process data, with more power and flexibility than ever before.
Today, Seqera consolidates fragmented data and diverse computing resources into a unified platform. Our modern biotech stack is trusted by over 150 leading life sciences organizations. Empowered with modern software engineering, organizations conduct science faster, on larger datasets, and with more confidence. Seqera accelerates discoveries in an open world.
Would you like to be a part of a company with a bigger purpose and make it successful with your own ideas? If yes, keep reading!
*Please Note that LinkedIn requires us to list a specific location. This is a full-time position - mid-senior level.#LI-Remote: Boston (US)
Please note we are only considering candidates located in the East Coast, US, with a strong preference for New York, NY or Boston, MA.
About the role
Our Commercial team seeks a dynamic and tenacious sales professional to develop strategic account expansion plans and guide our customers through technical and business issues to drive greater adoption of our products. We are seeking someone with a demonstrated ability to manage sophisticated relationships within an organization and to navigate highly complex, solutions-oriented customer conversations with a variety of key stakeholders.
If you’re passionate about establishing and growing key partnerships, then this is the role for you. The Account Executive will be responsible for developing and managing our new and expansion business within the pharma and biotech space, growing 6 and 7 figure annual recurring revenue (ARR) relationships.
What You'll Do
- Develop key account business plans, expansion strategy, and execute
- Develop deep, long term, trusting relationships with potential customers, understanding their business needs and technical challenges.
- Position and leverage sales expansion opportunities to grow and retain dedicated, strategic customers at all levels within their organization.
- Maintain a robust opportunity pipeline including prospecting, qualifying, validating, and assessing opportunities, and identifying and analyzing new strategic opportunities with each named account.
- Collect and share market insights within the organization.
- Engage with customers on requirements, developing project deliverables and helping to coordinate the execution of implementations and projects.
- Collaborate internally with customer success, product management and engineering teams to drive alignment and advocate on behalf of your clients.
- Communicate the status and issues within the pipeline and key accounts across the organization
- Extensive enterprise sales experience including selling strategic solutions to healthcare and life sciences organizations; engaging with C-suite executives, and negotiating enterprise agreements
- Driven and have met/exceeded direct sales goals of 1,5M+ and operated with an average deal size of $100k+
- Able to demonstrate methodology to prospect and build a pipeline on your own, and expand the business with each account.
- Experienced in working for an innovative tech company (SaaS, Open Source, Cloud or similar preferred), partnering with internal teams including sales, executive management, product, customer success and product management to expand business within key accounts
- Ability to effectively communicate and clearly explain technology to different audiences, through writing, presentations and demos.
- Proficiency with sales automation/CRM tools
- Excellent written and verbal English.
Nice to Have
- Strong understanding of the healthcare industry, including the organizational structure of pharma and healthcare companies, and the ability to segment and prioritize customer segments based on landscape knowledge.
- Experience and understanding of high level bioinformatics concepts
- Practice in bringing in and managing subject matter experts to further strategic account goals.
- Experience selling sophisticated, enterprise, cloud-based solutions
Your Unique Set of Skills Are
- Self-motivated and a proactive thinker – can work independently and collaborate.
- Metrics and data-driven mindset.
- Resilience and tenacity personality– willing to pursue opportunities with persistence, and invest the time and energy required to drive a complex and lengthy process to a successful sale.
- Exceptional verbal, written, organizational, presentation, and communications skills
- Critical thinker with problem-solving skills.
- An eye for detail and well-organized.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Seqera, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, and your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.