Head of Demand Generation
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera provides carbon data for genuine climate impact. Our mission is to incentivize investment in real climate action.
Purchasing credits through the carbon markets is one of the most established and scalable ways to channel finance from the private sector to effective climate solutions and work toward societal net zero. Unfortunately, the voluntary carbon markets have been plagued with mistrust and a lack of effectiveness since they’ve emerged – until Sylvera.
To help organizations ensure they're making the most effective investments, Sylvera builds software that independently and accurately automates the evaluation of carbon projects that capture, remove, or avoid emissions. With Sylvera's data and tools, businesses and governments can confidently invest in, benchmark, deliver, and report real climate impact.
Our team is made up of leading minds in climate change from scientists to policy, finance and carbon market experts. We work in partnership with scientific organisations, universities, governments and think tanks to develop and test rigorous and holistic ratings methodologies, leveraging the latest technology. Founded in 2020, Sylvera has 150+ employees across the world with offices in London, New York, Belgrade and Singapore. We’ve raised over $96million from leading VCs like Balderton Capital, Index Ventures and Insight Partners to date.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
We’re looking for a mission-driven Head of Demand Generation to lead the strategy and development of our pipeline and
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing a comprehensive demand generation strategy: aligning marketing initiatives with sales goals and target personas and implementing multi-channel campaigns and events to generate sales pipeline and deepen engagement in target accounts
- Building and leading a high-performing marketing team: Hire, onboard, and manage a talented team of demand generation specialists, fostering collaboration and a culture of excellence.
- Measuring and analysing performance to optimise marketing programs for maximum ROI
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams: partnering closely with sales, product, revenue operations and finance functions to maximise impact and efficiency
- Building holistic enterprise marketing strategies for penetrating and acquiring strategic accounts
- Collaborating with Customer Success to drive customer advocacy, community and related assets (case studies, referrals)
- Driving the commercial organisation as a whole towards an ABM model optimised for our specific product and market context
- Ensuring that our value proposition is clearly defined and all associated collateral speaks to the needs of an enterprise client base
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Has 5+ years of experience in demand generation at a high growth scale-up, with proven success in generating high-quality pipeline
- Is intensely ROI focused, with a deep understanding of channel optimisation and experience managing extensive budgets effectively - particularly in a Named Accounts or ABM model
- Has strong analytical skills and experience with marketing data analysis and reporting tools, including Hubspot
- Is adept at understanding market maturity across different segments and driving wider commercial activity to engage key prospects to drive engagement, pipeline development and ultimately client acquisition
- Has proven leadership ability with experience in building and managing high-performing teams
- Has excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of the earth
- Ideally has experience managing a sales development function as part of an end to end lead gen team
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- Private Health Insurance and Life Assurance
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
UK (with access to an office in London if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
Own it: We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Stay curious: Our business is built on transparency and debunking misperceptions.
Do what’s right - even when it’s hard: The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with kindness: Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.