Enterprise Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Seqera exists to make complex scientific data analysis accessible at any scale. Empowering scientists with modern software engineering for data analysis
We provide software for scientists solving today's most complex and important challenges from pioneering innovative therapeutics to unveiling the secrets of our universe. The journey began a decade ago with Nextflow — open software that helps over 100,000 global scientists analyze and process data, with more power and flexibility than ever before.
Today, Seqera consolidates fragmented data and diverse computing resources into a unified platform. Our modern biotech stack is trusted by over 150 leading life sciences organizations. Empowered with modern software engineering, organizations conduct science faster, on larger datasets, and with more confidence. Seqera accelerates discoveries in an open world.
Would you like to be a part of a company with a bigger purpose and make it successful with your own ideas? If yes, keep reading!
*Please Note that LinkedIn requires us to list a specific location. This is a full-time position. #LI-Remote: Boston (US)
About the role
Seqera is seeking an Enterprise Business Development Manager to support our growing business development efforts within our large and strategic accounts. You will work closely with our sales and marketing leaders to research our top accounts, propose engagement strategies and projects, and build/execute outreach programs to generate awareness and new business for Seqera.
Your primary goal will be to create new pipeline across our largest accounts through both tactical thinking and scrappy execution. This will be a fast-paced, multifaceted role, with plenty of opportunity for growth within our commercial organization.
This role is for those who are eager to take the next step in their sales career, learn from and influence a rapidly growing startup, and make a meaningful impact on the scientific community.
- Located along the US East Coast, ideally in or close to Boston, MA
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Bioinformatics, Computational Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Data Science, or equivalent. Otherwise, industry experience with bioinformatics or computational sciences
- Experience in a Sales Development, Business Development, or other customer-facing role. Otherwise strong interest in exploring a fast-paced sales career
- Native English proficiency and excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal teams
- Resilience and tenacity in the face of rejection, and the ability to overcome client objections to drive engagements forward
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and cold call, or ask difficult questions to prospects and customers
- Exceptional organization skills using a range of tools and systems with the ability to self-manage day-to-day tasks
- Passion for technology and the ability to grasp complex scientific concepts quickly
- Ability to pivot and adjust priorities as we rapidly scale our business.
What You'll Do
- Partner with sales and marketing leadership to build and test new strategies to further our reach within select accounts
- Report on successes and challenges across your owned projects
- Research our larger and enterprise accounts to identify entry points and key stakeholders, and partner with AEs to build and refine account plans
- Ideate and execute sales and marketing ABM strategies with the goal of generating in-roads and business opportunities within our enterprise segment
- Engage our target users via a combination of outreach tactics, including email, cold call, LinkedIn messaging, and more
- Support and attend in-person field events, including conferences, networking socials, and more
- Create a fantastic first impression with prospects and customers, and nurture existing relationships
- Uncover scientific workflows, challenges, and needs from prospects and customers
- Develop customized messaging and tactics for specific target accounts and personas
- Provide feedback on how we can optimize our lead generation and sales process
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera?
- Flexible working hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 25 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development, including budget for training.
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Time off: 20 days for vacations per year, 3 days given by Seqera in December of 2024, and the national/public holidays according to your location.
- Private health insurance with United Healthcare, dental with Delta, and vision coverage from Vision Service Plan.
- Private life insurance with Lincoln
- Investment app with Vestwell (401K)
- Home office equipment (valued over 1,000 USD)
- Subscription to Oliva, Mental Health App
- Learning and development budget per year (1,000 USD)
You should know
Seqera is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.