Technical Solutions Architect, Customer Experience
IT, Customer Service
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2024
Seqera exists to make complex scientific data analysis accessible at any scale. Empowering scientists with modern software engineering for data analysis
We provide software for scientists solving today's most complex and important challenges from pioneering innovative therapeutics to unveiling the secrets of our universe. The journey began a decade ago with Nextflow — open software that helps over 100,000 global scientists analyze and process data, with more power and flexibility than ever before.
Today, Seqera consolidates fragmented data and diverse computing resources into a unified platform. Our modern biotech stack is trusted by over 150 leading life sciences organizations. Empowered with modern software engineering, organizations conduct science faster, on larger datasets, and with more confidence. Seqera accelerates discoveries in an open world.
Would you like to be a part of a company with a bigger purpose and make it successful with your own ideas? If yes, keep reading!
*Please Note that LinkedIn requires us to list a specific location. This is a full-time position - Mid level. #LI-Remote: Boston, US
About the role
We are seeking a Technical Solution Architect to join our Customer Experience Team. In this role you will play a pivotal role in linking complex technical solutions to the unique challenges our clients face. This multifaceted role will encompass understanding a diverse set of Seqera and cloud technologies, and the various technical aspects of our deployments. You will be instrumental in ensuring our clients are successful with the Seqera Platform, from their initial setup to the ongoing optimization of their solutions.
In this role, you will be a guiding force for our implementations, working with a wide variety of customers from the biggest names in Life Sciences, to cutting-edge Biotech innovators. You will drive the technical aspects of deploying the Seqera Platform in a variety of customer environments, and shaping the way our clients leverage our products. You will be a core member of our cross functional team who work to implement, optimize, and support the Seqera Platform for our customers.
What You'll Do
- Technical Onboarding: Lead the technical workstreams for enterprise customer implementations. Provide direct technical guidance to Customers, implementation project managers, and other resources managing our rollouts.
- Optimization Services: Engage with larger and complex customers to architect optimal solutions pre and post-implementation. Lead technical discussions on infrastructure configuration, automation, cloud cost-efficiency, integrations, and more.
- Tool Development: Build and maintain various "field tools" to drive CX and customer efficiency, such as CI/CD tooling, logging tools, and performance tuning.
- Expert Level Support: Provide ongoing support for the most challenging customer issues and escalations. Provide deep technical insights and guidance to the Support team, being a liaison to Engineering in devising solutions.
- Pre-Sale Solution Architecture: Collaborate with Sales and Scientific Development teams during the pre-sale process. Act as the technical point of contact for pre-sales activities and lead the technical implementation aspects of POCs. Align customer requirements with Seqera solutions, emphasizing best practices.
- 5+ years of experience in a client-facing Technical Solutions or Technical Architect role, within a Professional Services organization handling complex enterprise software.
- Proven expertise in implementing real-world solutions in public clouds, with advanced skills in AWS, GCP, or Azure. Experience in on-premises, hybrid cloud, and HPC deployments is highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience deploying and troubleshooting container based systems and container orchestration technologies, including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly analyze and resolve problems in complex customer environments, with a track record of adapting to new technologies and concepts.
- Excellent customer-facing and interpersonal skills, supported by strong capabilities in both written and verbal communication.A creative and curious mindset with the resilience needed to thrive in a fast-moving startup environment.
- Previous experience in technical services sales activities, including technical visioning, solutioning, and scoping, is highly desirable.
- Experience working with Life Sciences Organizations, including direct, hands-on involvement in a dry lab or other research settings, is greatly valued.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Seqera, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, and your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera?
- Flexible working hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 25 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development, including budget for training.
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Time off: 20 days for vacations per year, 3 days given by Seqera in December of 2024, and the national/public holidays according to your location.
- Private health insurance with United Healthcare, dental with Delta, and vision coverage from Vision Service Plan.
- Private life insurance with Lincoln
- Investment app with Vestwell (401K)
- Home office equipment (valued over 1,000 USD)
- Subscription to Oliva, Mental Health App
- Learning and development budget per year (1,000 USD)
You should know
Seqera is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.