Event Marketing Associate
Administration, Marketing & Communications
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
Seqera exists to make complex scientific data analysis accessible at any scale. Empowering scientists with modern software engineering for data analysis
We provide software for scientists solving today's most complex and important challenges from pioneering innovative therapeutics to unveiling the secrets of our universe. The journey began a decade ago with Nextflow — open software that helps over 100,000 global scientists analyze and process data, with more power and flexibility than ever before.
Today, Seqera consolidates fragmented data and diverse computing resources into a unified platform. Our modern biotech stack is trusted by over 150 leading life sciences organizations. Empowered with modern software engineering, organizations conduct science faster, on larger datasets, and with more confidence. Seqera accelerates discoveries in an open world.
Would you like to be a part of a company with a bigger purpose and make it successful with your own ideas? If yes, keep reading!
*Please Note that LinkedIn requires us to list a specific location. This is a full-time position - Mid level. #LI-Remote: Boston, US
About the role
As a dynamic Event Marketing Specialist, you will directly influence the way scientists conduct their research, while also shaping the growth trajectory of our rapidly expanding company. By planning and executing impactful in-person and digital events, you'll drive lead generation, foster community building, and elevate brand awareness. We're seeking a creative planner and executor with a growth mindset—someone curious, open to learning, and ready to share best practices.
Reporting to the Field Marketing Manager and collaborating with Marketing, Community and Sales teams, you will own simultaneous projects ranging in scale and scope. You will also contribute to building the Field Marketing function at Seqera.
This role offers a unique opportunity to learn from and influence a rapidly growing company, and make a meaningful impact on the scientific community
What You'll Do
- Support building the Field Marketing function by contributing to our internal playbook as we scale the business.
- Work closely with the sales team to understand their needs and align marketing efforts to support lead generation and sales acceleration.
- Tailor field marketing plans according to target audiences as well as learn about emerging trends and key competitors.
- Develop and execute end-to-end plans for owned events such as Sessions, Summits & Hackathons, Lunch & Learns, Webinars as well as industry events such as conferences and tradeshows. Coordinate all logistics, including vendor coordination, booth setup, collateral production, and post-event follow-up.
- Represent the company with a high level of professionalism at events, fostering relationships with key stakeholders to enhance our presence and reputation.
- Write promotional content such as website and email copy to support lead generation and nurture.
- Partner with Growth and Marketing Operations teams on digital marketing initiatives, including social media campaigns, email marketing, and online advertising, to amplify field marketing efforts.
- Track and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of field marketing initiatives and use analytics to continuously refine strategies.
- Either Located in Boston, or open to relocation, in order to support our US East Coast activities and willing to have a flexible schedule to accommodate working with US West Coast and Europe.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field.
- +2 years of Field Marketing experience. Experience in B2B marketing in enterprise software is desirable.
- Native English proficiency and excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, and able to collaborate effectively with internal and external teams.
- Experience working in biopharma or related field with good understanding of target audiences.
- Strong project management skills. Capable of multitasking, meeting tight deadlines, and with keen attention to detail. Exceptional organization skills using a range of tools and systems, with the ability to self-manage day-to-day tasks.
Nice To Have
- Familiarity with marketing automation tools and CRM systems, such as Hubspot.
- Passion for technology and quick to grasp complex scientific concepts.
- Ability to pivot and adjust priorities as we rapidly scale our business.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Seqera, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, and your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera?
- Flexible working hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 25 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development, including budget for training.
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Time off: 20 days for vacations per year, 3 days given by Seqera in December of 2024, and the national/public holidays according to your location.
- Private health insurance with United Healthcare, dental with Delta, and vision coverage from Vision Service Plan.
- Private life insurance with Lincoln
- Investment app with Vestwell (401K)
- Home office equipment (valued over 1,000 USD)
- Subscription to Oliva, Mental Health App
- Learning and development budget per year (1,000 USD)
You should know
Seqera is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.