Senior Security Engineer
What You’ll Do
- Devise and bolster defence-in-depth through secure-by-default frameworks, architectures and processes.
- Get a deep understanding of Seqera’s software development life cycle, system architecture, delivery mechanisms and configuration management. Enable us to perform threat modeling and security assessment of all of these systems
- Create solutions and processes to identify, resolve and mitigate security vulnerabilities and risks. Develop innovative ways to prevent and detect security incidents.
- Partner with the Engineering team to build secure scalable and maintainable products, tools and infrastructure.
- Research threats and attack vectors that impact Seqera’s applications and infrastructure.
- Mentor, educate and share security standards and processes with all parts of the organisation.
- Detect and respond to security incidents and participate in an incident on-call rotation.
- Partner with the infrastructure team, engineering team and compliance team to maintain and further improve our cloud security posture.
- Build and mature a threat-hunting program.
- Help spread security knowledge within Seqera and nurture a healthy security culture among engineering teams
- You are a fast learner and are able to navigate across multiple functions and complex systems.
- You are able to work both independently and as part of a team. You strive to drive collaboration, and decision making and have deeper opinions on security design.
- You have xperience with Product Development life cycle and tools that enable vulnerability management, secret management, secure authentication across CI/CD and every experience with deploying and managing Data Loss Prevention (DLP) initiatives
- You have good technical writing skills and can explain complex topics in simple terms.
- You have experience in identifying and responding to complex incidents across endpoint, network, and cloud.
- You have experience with assessing risks, base on your understanding of the threat landscape and our systems.
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code to enable code-driven security configurations in a multi-cloud environment
- Experience in cloud security, especially for AWS( IAM, secure configuration of services, AWS Cloudtrail, SCP’s, AWS Org, Config etc.)
- Ability to understand the whole solution, not just the technology.
- Focus on the end-to-end lifecycle of solving a problem and solution for it and not just implementing a security technology.
- You have experience implementing and securing access using modern-era, enterprise level tools and techniques (e.g. WebAuthn, SSH over HTTP, Ephemeral access)
- Strong proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages, with the ability to mentor others on best practices.
- Experience implementing SIEM, EDR, and CSPM solutions.
- You have or are willing to develop expertise in detection engineering.
- Experience in cloud security across multiple clouds including GCP, Azure, and private or on-prem/HPC solutions.