Cloud Support Engineer
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2023
Seqera exists to make complex scientific data analysis accessible at any scale. Empowering scientists with modern software engineering for data analysis
We provide software for scientists solving today's most complex and important challenges from pioneering innovative therapeutics to unveiling the secrets of our universe. The journey began a decade ago with Nextflow — open software that helps over 100,000 global scientists analyze and process data, with more power and flexibility than ever before.
Today, Seqera consolidates fragmented data and diverse computing resources into a unified platform. Our modern biotech stack is trusted by over 150 leading life sciences organizations. Empowered with modern software engineering, organizations conduct science faster, on larger datasets, and with more confidence. Seqera accelerates discoveries in an open world.
Would you like to be a part of a company with a bigger purpose and make it successful with your own ideas? If yes, keep reading!
*Please Note that LinkedIn requires us to list a specific location. This is a full-time position - Senior level.#LI-Remote Spain
About the role
Are you a cloud specialist, support engineer, or solution architect with a passion for providing exceptional customer service? Are you looking to pivot into a field that's literally redefining our understanding of life as we know it through the intersection of technology and life sciences? If so, your search ends here!
Seqera stands at the forefront of the bioinformatics revolution, changing the way scientists process and interpret data at scale. As pioneers in deploying reproducible and scalable data pipelines across multiple computational infrastructures, our tools accelerate scientific discoveries, enable personalized medicine, and quite literally help to rewrite the code of life.
As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will be the technical face of Seqera to our customers, and you will have the opportunity to work with customers from the biggest names in Life Sciences to the world's most innovative Biotech startups. You'll use your technical acumen to troubleshoot complex customer issues, ensure the Seqera platform seamlessly functions across our customer's infrastructure, and to guide customers on how to most effectively utilize our products to achieve their goals.
What You'll Do
- Customer Troubleshooting & Support: Work directly with customers and with our internal teams to resolve complex customer issues involving Seqera's platform, delivering hands-on support around infrastructure, custom pipelines and third-party technology integrations. This involves participating in meetings with customers, managing support cases, and collaborating with Seqera’s Scientific Development and Engineering teams to propose solutions to customer challenges.
- Engaging with Diverse Environments: Implement the Seqera product ecosystem across a variety of Cloud platforms and On-Prem customer environments. Leverage deep product knowledge to provide insightful solutions to customer challenges, including container orchestration, TLS certificates, DNS resolution, network routing, data backup procedures, and business process automation.
- Feedback & Advocacy: Convey customer feedback to our Product Management and Engineering teams to help shape our technology roadmap. Advocate for customer needs and contribute to the enhancement of Seqera's solutions.
- Documentation & Knowledge Sharing: Contribute to the creation and maintenance of company documentation and knowledge articles, fostering a shared understanding of our products within the team and among customers. Help us create a culture of continuous learning.
- Professional Development: Expand your technical skills across multiple domains - including Seqera's platform - through internal training and independent learning. Gain exposure to advanced practices in the realms of cloud infrastructure, container orchestration, HPC, FPGAs, GPUs, and devops, while directly engaging with clients at the cutting-edge of fields such as gene sequencing, protein folding, and cancer research.
- 4+ years of experience in Support Engineering and/or Cloud Platform Technical Support within an enterprise software company.
- Expertise in implementing complex real-world solutions in public clouds, with advanced skills in at least one of the following: AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
- Solid Linux/Unix administration skills with proven experience in system maintenance and problem-solving.
- Hands-on experience with container systems and container orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Practical experience implementing systems in areas of networking, storage management, and authentication.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems in complex technical environments, with a proven track record of quickly adapting to new technologies and concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills complemented by superior written and oral communication skills; strong proficiency in English is a must.
- A creative and curious mindset with the resilience needed to thrive in a fast-moving startup environment.
Nice to have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field highly desired, this is a very technical role.
- Proven experience & expertise in GCP and/or Azure are highly desired
- Prior experience using Git
- Exposure to hybrid cloud/on-prem environments and High Performance Compute (HPC)
- Prior experience with bioinformatics or biotechnology.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Seqera, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, and your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera?
- Flexible working hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 25 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development.
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Time off: 23 days for vacations per year, 3 days given by Seqera in December of 2024, and the national/public holidays according to your location.
- Private health insurance
- Private life insurance
- Home office allowance (valued over 1,000 USD)
- Subscription to Oliva, Mental Health App
- Learning and development budget per year (1,000 USD)
You should know
Seqera is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.