Staff Software Engineer
What You’ll Do
- Design and extend current architecture for both frontend and backend, fostering innovation and teams’ mentorship
- Define inbound and outbound communication patterns for our products: assess current API design and extend it with new features by maintaining consistency and backward compatibility
- Lead the technical conversation with other stakeholders and help teams to have a reliable milestone definition based on product requirements
- Assess and oversee feature designs built by engineering teams
- Maintain internal documentation for engineers up to date and build a healthy pipeline for new technical onboardings
- Improve product technology with an iterative process and a strong experimentation mindset
- Help in defining key measurements for developer productivity, and work with the engineering teams to constantly improve our developer experience.
- Help in the execution of the technical roadmap by identifying technical debt or outdated components.
- Cloud expertise: Deep understanding of cloud architecture and service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) with experience in at least one major cloud platform like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Architecture design: Experience designing, implementing, and managing secure, scalable, and reliable cloud applications.
- Software Architectures: Knowledge of designing different architectures and proven track of implementing these based on requirements and technical needs
- DevOps and CI/CD: Understanding of DevOps principles, and experience with continuous integration and deployment using tools
- Database expertise: Experience with relational database technologies such as MySQL or Postgres and database migration strategies. Proven track of scalable data model design: knowledge of NOSQL, analytical/OLAP database experience is a plus.
- Containers and orchestration: Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes.
- Security: Knowledge of cloud security best practices, standards, and industry regulations.
- Observability: Experience in distributed monitoring and log aggregation: usage of metrics to identify regressions or long tailed inconsistencies detection
- Certifications: Certifications in cloud platforms (such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Google Professional Cloud Architect, Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, etc.) are preferred.
- Leadership: As a technical leader, the staff engineer should be able to make decisions based on requirements or infrastructure changes and communicate these properly to the engineering teams. You should be considered as the reference point for high-level technical decisions and should be seen as a mentor for current and upcoming technical changes
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of explaining complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaboration: Ability to work effectively in diverse teams, fostering a collaborative and respectful environment and allowing teams to be independent in the boundaries of the chosen architecture
- Strategic thinking: Ability to align software solutions with organizational business goals: it’s fundamental for this position to have a forward thinking mindset and to adapt to other stakeholders and customers’ needs
- Experience in healthcare, life science, or other enterprise software, technology, or SaaS companies in similar fields.