Senior HR Ops Manager - Labour & Compliance (f/m/x)
Who we are
We are the leading independent e-commerce logistics platform in Europe that provides scalable fulfillment services for e-commerce businesses and fast-growing D2C brands. From warehousing, picking and packing, delivery, and returns management, we take care of the whole order fulfillment process for online shops. By using our solution, retailers get access to a broad network of warehouses across Europe, which are all interconnected via our software. This enables e-commerce retailers to manage their whole logistics with our powerful all-in-one tool, in the fastest and most efficient way possible. As a result, merchants can improve their delivery speed, reduce logistics costs and optimize product availability.
As a scale-up company with several offices across Europe, we are always looking for talented team players who are eager to help us shape the future of e-commerce logistics; and this is where you come into play.
This is what you will do
- Manage our HR Operations labour & compliance activity, while ensuring labour legal compliance in the day-to-day running of the department.
- Provide guidance and advices on labour law generic questions raised by various levels of internal stakeholders (based in all locations where byrd is operating)
- Own byrd’s employment document review process. You will lead the charge to augment our contracts, bonus agreements & other vital documents, ensuring their accuracy & compliance with applicable laws
- Be the first point of contact with our external law firms for matters where external assistance is required; Manage external law firms; Negotiate law firms fees; Manage the provided budget
- Review employment contracts and other employment documentation
- Draft contracts and contract addendums for daily operations
- Provide process improvement and policy gaps recommendations
- Manage the internal relocation, visa and work permit processes
- Participate in ad hoc HR projects as required
This is what you will need to succeed
- HR and or Legal Qualification (Bachelor/Masters degree)
- At least three years of experience working with labour law across Europe
- Experience in labour and employee relations in the German market
- Experience in the creation & augmentation of important legal labour documents such as employment contracts, bonus agreements & equity agreements.
- A passion for & interest in ensuring labour legal compliance as it relates to Human Resources
- Experience in payroll processes, preferably in more than one country would be a big plus
- Strong aptitude for managing and prioritising multiple projects and deadlines
- Conveys confidence and anticipates inquiries
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) including the ability to articulate complicated issues in a manner that others can understand.
- Advanced project management skills
- Team player
- Native-level proficiency in English and German
This is what is it in for you
- Choose where you work. With a remote working culture & a selection of swanky new offices, you can work from the comfort of your own home or one of our groovy hubs. Save on commute time by working remotely, or join colleagues in our offices & take advantage of the benefits that they have to offer.
- Permanent contracts. We offer permanent contracts to our colleagues. We hope to be working & growing together for a long time!
- Gym membership package. We want our employees to be healthy, happy, and well-rested. Our work-related activities are diversified; our movement is not. In order to create a balance, we offer gym memberships to colleagues in each of our entities, allowing them to keep active & maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Annual public transport tickets. We offer annual public transportation tickets to employees to compensate for the time they spend commuting and as an incentive to opt for the environmentally-friendly way of commuting to our offices.
- Tech pack and merch. We provide top-quality hardware that you need to help byrd move the needle. To top things off, we also provide lots of merch to our byrdies to keep us all swagged out.
- Regular team events. We are always happy to meet for team lunches or a small break to unwind and have a (virtual) cup of your favorite brew. In addition, team-building and celebratory events are at the core of our social gatherings, bringing colleagues together to celebrate our achievements and growth.
- Meaningful tasks. With us, you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects that have a direct impact on our company and our customers. You will have an opportunity to work with a team of experienced and passionate professionals that care for you and your contributions to the team.
📦 📦 📦
Last but not least, we are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. Therefore, we do not discriminate based on religion, skin color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Should you wish to learn more about our company culture and our values, then feel free to check out our team page and our #byrdistheword. page.