Finance Associate (f/m/x)
Who we are
We are the leading independent e-commerce logistics platform in Europe that provides scalable fulfillment services for e-commerce businesses and fast-growing D2C brands. From warehousing, picking and packing, delivery, and returns management, we take care of the whole order fulfillment process for online shops. By using our solution, retailers get access to a broad network of warehouses across Europe, which are all interconnected via our software. This enables e-commerce retailers to manage their whole logistics with our powerful all-in-one tool, in the fastest and most efficient way possible. As a result, merchants can improve their delivery speed, reduce logistics costs and optimize product availability.
As a scale-up company with several offices across Europe, we are always looking for talented team players who are eager to help us shape the future of e-commerce logistics; and this is where you come into play.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and joining the Operational Finance Team (two Financial Accountants, one other Finance Associate, and one Working Student), this role will provide critical support to the processing of purchase invoice and sales documents across our seven legal entities throughout Europe. During a concurrent phase of change, you will quickly master two systems for pre-accounting and book-keeping as we continue to consolidate our accounting in one global ERP. Our pace of work is fast, the team is highly dynamic, and the volume of our transactions is quickly growing. Your work will directly flow into our monthly and annual financial statements and management reports, thereby providing the basis for timely and informed executive-level decision-making. It is imperative that your work is marked by timeliness, accuracy, and completeness. You will need an ability to multi-task and to pivot and work under tight deadlines with shifting priorities juggling routine tasks with ad hoc requests. This is your opportunity to join a multicultural, supportive and highly functioning team in an ambitious and fast-growing scale-up tech company.
Who you are:
You take pride in your work, are reliable, analytical, organized, adaptable and able to function effectively in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities, you pay attention to the details, and are a good team-player.
- You speak, read and write English & Spanish fluently; other languages will be an advantage
- You have up to 3 years of Accounting / Finance Operations experience, including through internships
- You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a focus on Finance, Accounting or Controlling
- You possess basic knowledge of at least one local GAAP and a standard Accounting software such Xero.
- You possess working knowledge of Microsoft Business Dynamics / Navision
- Your active interest in the fundamentals of Finance & Accounting is supported by strong analytical skills and an affinity to numbers
- You have working knowledge of G-Sheets and Google Drive, and you can learn new navigate and use new platforms with ease and confidence
- You are well-organized, flexible, committed, able to work independently and to communicate clearly and effectively including the use of Slack, E-Mail and Ticketing Systems
- We are looking for a structured and proactive team-player who is not intimidated by workload and tightly scheduled interdependent workflows
- You are based in Germany, Spain or willing to relocate
What you will do:
- Drive and optimize the processing of Sales and Purchase documents for our seven entities in the internal financial systems
- Support the entire Order 2 Cash and Purchase 2 Pay processes and collaborate closely with internal teams and peers
- Ensure that timelines are met, and that the monthly accounting cycle is optimally supported from a data-processing perspective
- Contribute to accurate and complete monthly financial statements by proactively seeking opportunities to add value to the team and to its operations
- Support multiple legal entities in the processing of internal and external information and document requests
- As necessary, engage in complex analytical work defined in projects and in cross-functional initiatives
- Actively contribute to hands-on workflow optimization and documentation
What we offer:
- A challenging and rewarding opportunity to work with passionate and experienced professionals at one of the fastest growing and most exciting European B2B start-ups
- The opportunity to learn quickly and to assume wide responsibility within the team
- A chance to be part of our transformation as we expand our tech stack and grow our internal accounting function
- The excitement that comes with exponential growth across geographies and with scaling systems and processes to match the challenge
- Wide ranging tasks and responsibilities that will quickly facilitate a holistic understanding of the fulfilment business and our Finance function
A unique chance to ground your early career in Corporate Finance, Accounting and Controlling
This is what is it in for you
- Choose where you work. With a remote working culture & a selection of swanky new offices, you can work from the comfort of your own home or one of our groovy hubs. Save on commute time by working remotely, or join colleagues in our offices & take advantage of the benefits that they have to offer. From beer taps & baristas to foosball tables; these pet-friendly havens allow you to work & interact in a dynamic environment.
- Relocation Assistance. We offer relocation for you and your family (and pets)! We work with top local relocation companies to help colleagues & their families relocate from all over the world. We have helped 20% of our current colleagues to relocate, and take pride in assisting soon-to-be byrdies to make the moving process as pain-free as possible.
- Permanent contracts. We offer full-time, permanent contracts to our colleagues. We hope to be working & growing together for a long time!
- Gym membership package. We want our employees to be healthy, happy, and well-rested. Our work-related activities are diversified; our movement is not. In order to create a balance, we offer Urban Sports Club (Germany, France, Italy, Spain) and MyClubs (Vienna) membership to everyone at byrd.
- Annual public transport tickets. We offer annual public transportation tickets to employees to compensate for the time they spend commuting and as an incentive to opt for the environmentally-friendly way of commuting to our offices. As our first entities were established in Austria & Germany, this perk is only currently available for Berlin & Vienna-based colleagues. Our HR team is working to extend this benefit to our other locations very soon.
- Tech pack and merch. We provide top-quality hardware that you need to help byrd move the needle. To top things off, we also provide lots of merch to our byrdies to keep us all swagged out.
- Regular team events. We are always happy to meet for team lunches or a small break to unwind and have a (virtual) cup of your favorite brew. In addition, team-building and celebratory events are at the core of our social gatherings, bringing colleagues together to celebrate our achievements and growth.
- Meaningful tasks. With us, you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects that have a direct impact on our company and our customers. You will have an opportunity to work with a team of experienced and passionate professionals that care for you and your contributions to the team.
- GROW with us. We have doubled in size each year since our inception in 2016 - and plan on continuing this trend. From a small Vienna back office to operating in seven countries, we want you to grow with us as we continue our quest to become the e-commerce fulfillment standard in Europe. Our barrier-free, open style of communication allows both new & tenured colleagues to impact key decisions & have their voices and ideas heard. Let's grow together.
📦 📦 📦
Last but not least, we are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. Therefore, we do not discriminate based on religion, skin color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Should you wish to learn more about our company culture and our values, then feel free to check out our team page and our #byrdistheword. page.