Embedded DevOps Engineer
Breathe Battery Technologies
Are you passionate about fighting climate change? Do you want to work on creating a world where everyone can breathe clean air? At Breathe, we believe an electrified future is key to achieving this, which is why we are building battery technology to help brands do more with the power they have.
Our physics-based battery management software helps some of the world's largest and most iconic automotive and consumer electronics brands deliver products with faster charging, longer life and zero compromise on safety. Put simply, we make batteries better. And we want you to join us.
What you will be doing
This is an opportunity to set the direction for the DevOps function in a company working on cutting edge deeptech software projects with some of the world's largest and most recognised brands in automotive and consumer electronics. Our current customers include OPPO, Rimac and Cosworth to name a few.
You will join an extremely talented team of software engineers as the company's first DevOps engineer to maximise the efficiency and quality of our software development practices. You will be free to build out state-of-the-art DevOps infrastructure from a (relatively blank) slate with a lot of freedom, with the support of a highly technical team who are open to using the tooling of your choice. This role is critical for the success of the business - our clients demand that our software development practices are of an extremely high standard
We'll support opportunities you find to continue to develop in your role, be that courses, conferences, mentorship or something else.
- Determine and implement the best tech stack for our DevOps pipeline as we scale
- Development and maintenance of the DevOps pipelines for our products, projects and internal services
- Optimisation of our automated testing processes – which include self-hosted instances of software such as MATLAB
- Identification and prioritisation of opportunities for improvement within our development process, selection and implementation of appropriate solutions
- 3-4 years of DevOps experience, min 5-6 years of total engineering experience
- Experience working with MATLAB / Simulink and / or DevOps for embedded software
- Broad knowledge of DevOps best practices and tooling to enable you to be self-sufficient in identifying both problems and solutions to those problems. Experience working in DevOps in an automotive setting is a plus, but not essential.
- A desire to keep up-to-date with new technologies: we currently use Github actions, SQL databases, azure and windows server, but our tech stack is evolving quickly
- Willingness to work from our London office 4 days per week
- Flexible and willing to be adaptable in an innovative and rapidly scaling environment
- Kind and conscientious
- A small, talented and cohesive team delivering exciting products
- The ability to have a big say in how the company is run and where we are going
- Share options scheme
- 34 days holidays per annum including public holidays
- Ethical pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Central London location