Technical Sales Engineer
Breathe Battery Technologies
Breathe is more than a battery performance company. We help you do more with the power you have. Because we believe an electrified future requires superior customer experiences. Our physics-based battery management software helps the world's most iconic electric vehicle and consumer electronics brands deliver products with faster charging, greater cycle life and zero compromise on safety. We dream that one day everyone will breathe clean air. That's why we make batteries better.
What you will be doing
You will take on a technical sales role in our fast-growing business, working closely with the sales team and the engineering team, supporting the sales process and carrying out back-end sales activities. Your focus will be on understanding customer requirements and aligning them with the company's offerings. You will utilise your technical expertise to create compelling proposals and address any technical concerns or challenges raised by customers. Collaborating with internal teams, you will ensure accurate and competitive proposals. Your strong technical knowledge will enable you to effectively communicate the value and benefits of our products to customers, contributing to revenue growth, customer acquisition and ultimately to brilliant end-user experiences.
- Collaborating closely with the sales team to capture and understand customer requirements, and to provide technical support throughout the sales process. Assisting with positioning the company's products, conducting competitive analysis, and addressing customer objections.
- Contributing to the creation of compelling proposals and statements of work by providing input on technical aspects, timelines, value proposition, and feasibility. Collaborating with internal teams, including legal and pricing, to ensure accuracy, compliance, and competitiveness.
- Independently reviewing contracts, development agreements, non-disclosure agreements and proposals for compliance and accuracy, leaning on internal and external legal support and counsel where appropriate. Ensure that the proposed solutions align with legal and regulatory requirements, providing insights and recommendations to mitigate potential risks.
- Working closely with customers and internal stakeholders to design customized solutions that meet customer requirements. Collaborating with product management and engineering teams to ensure feasibility and alignment with the company's capabilities.
- Liaising with internal teams, including product management, engineering, legal, and pricing, to ensure alignment and effective communication. Providing feedback on customer needs and market trends to contribute to product development and improvements.
- Staying up-to-date on industry trends, market dynamics, and competitor offerings to effectively position the company's solutions. Continuously enhancing your understanding of the products and services to better support sales efforts.
- Collaborating with internal teams to address technical inquiries, complete supplier onboarding processes, track payment staging, and evaluate costs through cost modelling to deliver customer satisfaction and support growth.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Administration. Previous experience in a sales engineering or technical sales role is a plus but, not essential.
- Solid understanding of relevant technical concepts and technologies, such as batteries, embedded software or other industry-specific solutions. Proficiency in translating technical features into business benefits.
- Strong sales acumen with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to understand customer requirements, identify pain points, and propose effective solutions. The capability to think strategically and creatively to address customer challenges.
- Flexible and willing to be adaptable in an innovative and rapidly scaling environment
- Kind and conscientious
- A small, talented and cohesive team delivering exciting products
- The ability to have a big say in how the company is run and where we are going
- Share options scheme
- 34 days holidays per annum including public holidays
- Ethical pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Central London location