Battery Model Development and Validation Engineer
Are you passionate about fighting climate change? Do you want to work on creating a world where everyone can breathe clean air? At Breathe, we believe an electrified future is key to achieving this, which is why we are building battery technology to help brands do more with the power they have.
Our physics-based battery management software helps some of the world's largest and most iconic automotive and consumer electronics brands deliver products with faster charging, longer life and zero compromise on safety. Put simply, we make batteries better. And we want you to join us.
What you will be doing
This is an exciting time to join Breathe. You will be working on cutting-edge products that will be used by some of the world's most recognised brands in automotive and consumer electronics.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter to work on parametrising, verifying and evaluating the performance of our physics-based battery models - working closely with the teams at our state-of-the-art, 7,500+ square foot laboratory in London (the largest in the city). The ideal candidate is someone who wants to remain in-touch with the latest research while also ensuring that can be translated into real-world impact evaluating the relevance of the latest modelling approaches for our use-cases and make recommendations for how we might use them to improve our products.
This is a unique opportunity for someone to drive meaningful commercial outcomes for both Breathe and our customers as we look to accelerate the electrification of everything. We'll intentionally support opportunities for you to develop, be that courses, conferences, mentorship or something else.
- Parameterise and verify lithium-ion battery models, develop quantification approaches of model performance in MATLAB/Simulink
- Work alongside our Testing team to define and maintain model parameterisation and validation processes
- Work alongside our Engineering and Software teams to define model functions
- Work closely with wider teams and stakeholders to plan and execute test procedures on time for customer projects
- Actively contribute to the design and improvement of the product development lifecycle
- Increase the Modelling team's capability to deliver high-quality products efficiently by maintaining good documentation, and support for new members to contribute