Senior Battery Engineer
Are you passionate about fighting climate change? Do you want to work on creating a world where everyone can breathe clean air? At Breathe, we believe an electrified future is key to achieving this, which is why we are building battery technology to help brands do more with the power they have.
Our physics-based battery management software helps some of the world's largest and most iconic automotive and consumer electronics brands deliver products with faster charging, longer life and zero compromise on safety. Put simply, we make batteries better. And we want you to join us.
What you will be doing
We are looking for a Battery Engineer to join our team to develop algorithms to enhance charge time, life cycle, safety and the robustness of our embedded products. You will be responsible for efficiently managing algorithm development projects through planning, development, validation and integration, continuously improving our development practices to maximise the value the team can deliver. You will provide thought leadership by bringing new feature ideas to the table and by keeping the technical team engaged with the latest technological developments. You will collaborate across functions to ensure that our development projects meet our clients' needs. You will use your experience and expertise to mentor junior team members, both in a technical and non-technical sense, in areas such as development best practices, living our culture and solving technical challenges in a collaborative manner.
We will support your development by providing opportunities internally as well as via other means that you find useful - be that courses, conferences or learning materials.
- Contribute to the design and development of algorithms to improve the features or our products in Matlab/Simulink. Testing prototype algorithms and supporting the integration of these into our products.
- Address and resolve technical challenges related to battery behaviour and battery performance, that arise during our product development.
- Plan and manage product development projects, monitor timelines and tasks of the project team to ensure successful project completion. Liaise with the Product Manager to ensure that any feature development is in line with our customer use-cases.
- Create and maintain comprehensive technical documentation of the features developed, including their testing.
- Stay updated with the latest battery-related (e.g. latest innovation in battery degradation, and control) trends, and technologies, for example by engaging with external experts in battery management at conferences or with our scientific advisory board.
- Mentor junior engineers, fostering their professional growth and contributing to the skill development of the team.