BMS Control Engineer
Are you passionate about fighting climate change? Do you want to work on creating a world where everyone can breathe clean air? At Breathe, we believe an electrified future is key to achieving this, which is why we are building battery technology to help brands do more with the power they have.
Our physics-based battery management software helps some of the world's largest and most iconic automotive and consumer electronics brands deliver products with faster charging, longer life and zero compromise on safety. Put simply, we make batteries better. And we want you to join us.
What you will be doing
We're looking for a BMS Control Engineer to join our team and enable us to deliver the integration of our Embedded Products into the systems of some of the largest and most well-known brands in the automotive and consumer electronics spaces. You will develop software based on state-of-the-art controllers to deliver enhanced battery performance to our customers, working with their engineers to ensure a smooth integration experience. You will also collaborate with our Product Development teams to continuously improve our products.
The ideal candidate will efficiently write high-quality code - adhering to the documentation and process requirements of our clients (e.g. ASPICE). They will continuously automate and improve processes, collaborating effectively with teams across the business to improve our capacity and capability to deliver high-quality softare.
- Develop and integrate software for our customer projects in line with our customers’ expectations in the automotive and consumer electronics industries, using Matlab/Simulink
- Provide feedback to our product developers to help continuously improve our products
- Liaise with customers to define how our software integrates into the target system, and solve any integration issues that may arise
- Collaborate closely with Systems Engineers and Project Managers in Project delivery
- Design software architectures based on project requirements, and design test cases to verify the functionality of the software you develop
- Help to continuously improve our Software Engineering practices, including the automation of processes where possible