BMS Software Team Lead
Are you passionate about fighting climate change? Do you want to work on creating a world where everyone can breathe clean air? At Breathe, we believe an electrified future is key to achieving this, which is why we are building battery technology to help brands do more with the power they have.
Our physics-based battery management software helps some of the world's largest and most iconic automotive and consumer electronics brands deliver products with faster charging, longer life and zero compromise on safety. Put simply, we make batteries better. And we want you to join us.
What you will be doing
We are looking for an experienced engineering lead to help us build and scale efficiently running engineering team delivering high-quality software to some of the world's largest and most recognised brands. The ideal candidate will be an all rounder - bringing technical expertise, strong mentorship skills, effective project management skills and experience of developing efficient development practices while adhering to strict standards (such as ASPICE).
You will streamline the interface between our software, product and customer project teams, with great communication skills. You'll enable us to innovate quickly by coordinating people and resolving both technical and non-technical issues swiftly. You'll ensure the longevity of your work by ensuring processes and practices are well-documented and that adherence to these processes remains high as we scale. We'll intentionally support opportunities for you to develop, be that via courses, conferences, mentorship or something else.
This is a unique opportunity for someone to drive meaningful outcomes for both Breathe and our customers as we look to accelerate the electrification of everything.
- Lead project delivery activities within the software team, from resourcing through to ensuring they are carried out according to our software development practices
- Continuously increase efficiency in our project delivery
- Line management duties for the delivery software engineers and system engineers
- Technical support software and systems engineers in the delivery of projects
- Support in the planning of software projects with new clients
- Ensure our documentation of how we develop software is maintained and is being followed across the project delivery team
- From time-to-time help deliver projects by engaging hands-on in software and systems engineering
- A minimum of 2 years successfully leading and managing technical teams, with a proven ability to inspire, mentor, and guide junior and senior engineers
- A minimum of years of experience as a software developer or controls engineer in a relevant field
- A commitment to fostering the technical and career growth of team members through coaching and training programs
- Experience with Model-Based Software Engineering practices
- Knowledge of automotive Battery Management Systems, including an understanding of the industry's latest trends, technologies, and challenges, is a plus but not essential.
- Knowledge of ASPICE and ISO26262 is a plus, but not essential
- A drive for efficiency and automation in all aspects of their work
- An attitude & ability to take a high-level target outcome and autonomously translate it into reality
- Empathy & passion for good communications, plus a focus on business success, customer success & productivity
- Kind and conscientious
- A small, talented and cohesive team delivering exciting products.
- The ability to have a big say in how the company is run and where we are going.
- Share options scheme.
- 34 days holidays per annum including public holidays.
- Ethical pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Central London location.