Battery Application Engineer
Are you passionate about fighting climate change? Do you want to work on creating a world where everyone can breathe clean air? At Breathe, we believe an electrified future is key to achieving this, which is why we are building battery technology to help brands do more with the power they have.
Our physics-based battery management software helps some of the world's largest and most iconic automotive and consumer electronics brands deliver products with faster charging, longer life and zero compromise on safety. Put simply, we make batteries better. And we want you to join us.
What you will be doing
We're looking for a battery application engineer to play a central role in our embedded software product delivery for automotive and consumer electronic customers. As a battery performance and software product specialist, you will lead the technical aspects of our product delivery, collaborating with marketing through to software engineering to ensure that we convert and retain customers. This is a unique opportunity for someone to drive meaningful outcomes for both Breathe and our customers as we look to accelerate the electrification of everything.
You'll be working with a world-class team with whom you will push the boundaries of what is possible, continuously learning and developing. We'll also support other opportunities for you to develop, be that via courses, conferences, mentorship or something else.
- Combine deep battery expertise with data analysis to calibrate our software for optimal performance for each customer
- Engage with clients to evaluate and meet performance and integration requirements
- Own the testing campaigns for customer projects - design, refine and implementing protocols for battery-in-the-loop testing
- Work with our in-house testing team at the largest battery testing facility in London to continue to develop our cutting edge testing methods to enable fast and reliable delivery for customers.
- Collaborate with internal and external software teams ensure a smooth software integration process for our customers
- Report results to customers via high quality technical presentations
- Document team learnings and advancements to develop of our internal knowledge base
- Create and continuously improve workflows to ensure high-quality output in a fast-growing environment
- 3+ years of relevant industry or research experience
- Understanding of battery performance and battery management systems
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience in client-facing roles is a plus, but not essential
- A team player with a proactive and open-minded attitude
- Kind and conscientious
- A small, talented and cohesive team delivering exciting products.
- The ability to have a big say in how the company is run and where we are going.
- Share options scheme.
- 34 days holidays per annum including public holidays.
- Ethical pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Central London location.