Senior Technical Writer
Marketing & Communications, IT
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Do you want to join us on the journey of disrupting the spend management business? Do you like to work in a fast-paced scale-up with a passionate and supportive team? Yokoy is hiring!
After closing our $80M Series B funding last year and going through a hyper growth phase, we are now striving to lead the tech-focused transformation in our field and become the number 1 all-in-one spend management suite for midsize and enterprise companies. Join us as our new Senior Technical Writer in one of our offices (Amsterdam, Zurich, Vienna, Madrid) or remote and help us achieve our goals! 🚀
As a Senior Technical Writer, you’ll get to play in the all-important space between our Product, Product Marketing, and Engineering teams, all while keeping technical users front and center. Creating, owning, refining, and developing technical content, like product manuals, how-to guides, customer support information, FAQs, and more, will all be under your purview. You’ll also become our go-to technical content touchpoint who brings not only role-specific insights, but can challenge the status quo and advocate for their discipline in a dynamic and fast-changing SaaS environment.
🧑🏽💻 What you'll do:
- You will write clear, concise technical content across multiple online channels and platforms for both technical and non-technical audiences
- You will work with our Product and Engineering teams to understand how existing and new features work, even as they’re being developed
- You will partner closely with Yokoy’s Product, Engineering, and Product Marketing teams while writing and editing our user and developer documentation
- You will collaborate with our Customer Success team to align our technical content with their needs as well as those of our Implementation Partners
- You will drive the implementation of a new documentation system in the company
⚒️ What you'll need:
- You have a Bachelor degree or similar in a relevant technical area (university, FH, HF)
- You have exceptional English writing skills with a minimum of 5 years English copywriting experience
- At least 3 years technical writing experience in English, with a demonstrable track record of crafting user-centric, accessible content and working alongside engineers
- You have previous experience building a documentation system from scratch
- You have a knack for making complex topics easy to understand and maybe even interesting
- You’re able to identify optimal routes and methods to teaching and communicating complex ideas and features to different audiences
- You can adapt quickly and move on from deprioritized ideas, tasks, or projects
- You’re a proactive communicator with an intrinsic drive to design, implement, and curry buy-in for new processes and systems
- You have native-level spoken and written proficiency in English; any other languages are a plus
- Bonus: Some experience with localization and UX writing
🚀 What you'll get:
- We love to see people thrive! You’ll have the resources you need to own and be able to shape things from day one
- Work closely with the founders and the leadership team
- Move fast, measure the impact of your work, and keep improving
- We’re growing fast, and you’re the expert. Help us shape our growth and we’ll help you shape your career!
- Enjoy flexibility: Everyone has their own highly productive times. Have you found your sweet spot? Perfect! We only care about your output, not what time of day it was produced.
- Work remotely. We love in-person sessions, but we also know how to be efficient in remote and hybrid settings.
- A competitive scale-up package
- Work anywhere - we offer up to 6 weeks remote work within EU
We’re keen to get to know you. Apply with your CV and/or LinkedIn profile as well as a portfolio showcasing relevant technical writing samples, and a few words on why you’d like to join Yokoy. We look forward to your application!
👉🏽 What will happen next? We aim to get back to you about your application within 8 business days. Our interview process tends to take around 4 weeks to complete, but if you need more flexibility or are on a tighter schedule, please let us know.
If this isn’t the right fit or timing for you, feel free to share this job post with a friend, colleague, or community that might be interested, or check out our jobs board again whenever you’re ready.
This is important to us: Yokoy is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We welcome people from all backgrounds who are looking to make the future simple with us. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Yokoy automates spend management for medium and large enterprises with artificial intelligence, combining expense management, supplier invoice management and smart corporate cards into one single intuitive platform.
🏢 Founded in Switzerland in 2019 by experienced business professionals and scientists, Yokoy is the leading, all-in-one fintech platform that provides an AI-based full spend management suite for midsize and enterprise companies. By combining automation, API integrations and machine learning developed in Yokoy’s own cutting-edge research lab, the company offers expense management, supplier invoice management and smart corporate credit cards in a single intuitive tool. All underpinned by the most up-to-date security and stability. Yokoy’s mission is to finally rid the corporate spending world of the legacy processes that have plagued it for decades and is backed by leading investors including New York-based Left Lane Capital and London-based Balderton Capital.
See more open positions at Yokoy
Something looks off?