Legal Counsel Commercial (f/m/d)
wefox is a world-leading insurtech company driven by a single purpose: to enable people to be safe by making insurance 10 times better through technology. Together with more than 1300 employees in 8 locations across Europe, we are on a mission to give the world easy access to digital insurance solutions.
We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimize each individual’s risk coverage by offering innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products. We integrate the extensive know-how built up in the individual countries and the exchange of experience to build strong expertise among the wefox technology experts in our Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Paris, and Milan.
We are searching for a dynamic and experienced Legal Counsel Commercial (f/m/d) to join our team and contribute to our growth and success.
As a Legal Counsel Commercial (f/m/d), you will be an integral part of our legal team, focusing on commercial contracts and negotiations, particularly in IT-related contracts and labour law matters. You will play a vital role in ensuring legal compliance and providing strategic legal advice to support our business operations.
In this role you will:
Commercial Contracts and Negotiations:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts, including but not limited to IT service agreements, software licences, vendor contracts, and customer agreements.
- Provide legal guidance and support to internal stakeholders on contract interpretation, rights, and obligations.
- Work closely with the Procurement Team and conduct legal risk assessments and advice on mitigation strategies in commercial transactions.
- Collaborate with business units to understand their objectives and tailor contractual arrangements to meet their needs while protecting the company's interests.
Labour Law Compliance:
- Advise on labour law matters, including employment contracts, employee handbooks, termination agreements, and compliance with labour regulations.
- Assist in resolving employment disputes and grievances, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and company policies.
- Stay abreast of developments in labour law and provide proactive recommendations to mitigate legal risks related to employment matters.
- Offer general legal counsel and support to various departments within the organisation, including Operations, Marketing, and Human Resources.
- Assist in the development and implementation of legal policies and procedures to promote compliance and mitigate legal risks.
- Stay updated on changes in laws and regulations relevant to commercial activities and adapt strategies accordingly.
What you bring to this role:
- Completion of the second German state exam in Law (Zweites Juristisches Staatsexamen) or an equivalent legal qualification in the European Union.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a commercial legal role, preferably related to Tech and/or Insurance, either in a law firm or a company.
- Strong understanding of commercial law and labour law.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Fluent in German and English.
- Attention to detail and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Experience working in-house at a corporation or in a commercial legal department.
- Familiarity with the insurance industry.
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working.
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets.
- Training and Coaching opportunities.
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel!
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
* Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by a TA Partner.
Your contact person for this role is Natasha Varma.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.