Insurance Product Manager (f/m/d)
wefox is a world-leading insurtech company driven by a single purpose: to enable people to be safe by making insurance 10 times better through technology. Together with more than 1300 employees in 8 locations across Europe, we are on a mission to give the world easy access to digital insurance solutions.
We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimize each individual’s risk coverage by offering innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products. We integrate the extensive know-how built up in the individual countries and the exchange of experience to build strong expertise among the wefox technology experts in our Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Paris, and Milan.
We are currently looking for an Insurance Product Manager at wefox Insurance, who will work in the insurance product team building and developing standard and innovative insurance products in a timely and qualitative way in line with wefox strategy while supporting the product and tech team on enhancing the platform. You will have strong cross-functional skills and be comfortable working closely with Sales, Product and Tech teams. You should be a self-starter who can manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion.
For this role, you will be expected to relocate to either Berlin or Barcelona.
In this role you will:
- Develop and manage standard as well as innovative insurance products from end to end
- Improve existing products from a product design point of view, including product changes (e.g. coverage concept, T&Cs) based on stakeholder feedback
- Analyze market data and trends, monitor our coverage concepts in comparison with the market, and analyze customers' needs
- Prepare presentations, reports, and valuations explaining defined product features to the stakeholders
- Accompany the technical implementation of the product and organize end to end testing
- Overseeing and supporting the launching, implementation and administering of new insurance products in collaboration with sales and local teams.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, identify opportunities, manage risk and escalations, and balance stakeholder needs versus technical constraints
- Clear and effective communication with stakeholders like technical owners, product managers, and senior management
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders in actuarial, data science, legal & compliance, operations departments and sales, to assure the quality of our products
- Manage sources and external partners in terms of data management and interface management (API)
- Work closely within the Product team to create and enhance new consumer proposition as well as enhancing the current products and tools while having a proactive approach on proposing new ideas.
- Willingness and openness to design the future of the insurance business
What you bring:
- Degree in business or a quantitative field; Master welcome
- At least three years of relevant working experience, ideally in P&C insurance
- Very good understanding of the European Insurance market and value chain
- Good understanding of the German P&C market, plus European market know-how
- Pragmatism and consequent target focus paired with flexibility and engagement
- Strong communication skills and the ability to share knowledge
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve issues that sometimes cross departmental boundaries
- Good understanding of IT and its challenges
- Ability to think in a conceptual way and document it accordingly
- Fluency in English and German required.
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
- Training and Coaching opportunities
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel!
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
* Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by our Talent Acquisition Partner.
Your contact person for this role is Jelena Petrovic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.