Product Strategy Internship (f/m/d)
Upvest, founded in 2017, enables any financial institution to offer great investment experiences to its customers. Upvest is an investment firm regulated by the German supervision authority (BaFin). The company currently employs 160+ people across Europe with its headquarters based in Berlin, Germany.
The company is backed by the world’s largest venture capital funds and investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, BlackRock, Earlybird, HV Capital, Notion Capital, and ABN Amro Ventures, as well as by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow).
We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution offering a wide range of efficient and transparent investment products, such as stocks and ETFs in nominal, portfolio, and fractional form. Our mission and vision is to make investing as easy as spending money.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely in Germany for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
You will be joining Upvest's Product team and you will be helping with shaping the strategy and roadmap of current and future products. During your internship, you will have the chance to set the direction of our product based on close collaboration with domain teams like Core Banking, Users & Clients or Data and Reporting. You'll learn about building an API-first fintech product and how to truly collaborate in a cross-functional team to reach its full potential.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
Dive deep into Upvest’s Investment API and the investment infrastructure landscape to determine our product direction
Communicate and disseminate product strategy and roadmap to management and all Upvengers to build understanding and adoption
Lead interviews with leading fintech experts and use learnings and insights to enhance how we build products
Work cross-functionally in an Agile manner with other Upvest teams (Engineering, Growth, Banking, and Legal), as well as external stakeholders (clients and vendors)
Experience a fast-paced and dynamic product-first startup environment
Actively shape our product success by contributing to our mission to help millions of people to take their wealth into their own hands
You can commit to a 4- 6-month full-time internship
You're excited about fintech and are thrilled to build the financial infrastructure of tomorrow
Previous internship or work experience from management consulting or a securities-related position (e.g., Fintech, bank, broker, or similar)
Hungry to learn and eager to grow
You are a team player and feel energised in diverse teams
You love to be challenged, take ownership of your work, and iterate quickly
Fluent in English, both written and spoken
You're willing to relocate to Berlin (where our office is located) to experience the unique team culture at Upvest
You are eligible to work in Germany
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we hire decent people, who are passionate about their craft and helping us achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer, as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.
Upvest is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees