Senior Launch Manager (f/m/d)
We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow) and Bessemer Venture Partners in the USA.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 150+ talented people from 30 different countries.
How you will contribute
Onboard Europe’s leading Fintechs to Upvest’s Investment API
Upvest is proud to call Europe’s largest Fintech our clients – Revolut, Vivid, Shares, Plum, Ginmon and more. To become the category leader for investment infrastructure in Europe, Upvest will onboard many more international A-class clients in Fintech and traditional banking. You independently drive and take full ownership of large client launches using our product and processes, from contract signing to go-live. You are outcome-focused and synthesise priorities through crystal-clear communication. You have a bias for speed and simplicity, cut through complex problems, and apply an MVP mindset. You master demanding client situations with a focus on the problems to solve.
Create first-class, repeatable client launch experiences
Our all-in-one Investment API enables any client to offer investment products. It combines tech infrastructure, middle-and back-office operations, and pan-European licences, requiring 360 project management across specialised departments at Upvest and our clients. You bring Upvest’s securities expertise to our clients, empowering them to build the best investment propositions on top of our Investment API. You standardise and productise the way we plan and lead projects to ensure smooth client launch experiences for our clients. You strive to streamline processes, encourage re-usable documentation, and learn from best practices to achieve impact for our clients even faster.
Set new standards in client collaboration and communication
With every new order, every new user, and every new client, we get smarter. We discover new insights that can elevate our product development. You take an active role in setting new standards for collaboration and communication, both internally and externally. You approach client launch projects with a partnership mindset and understand our clients’ business needs to make their launches a success. Your caring, engaging, and pragmatic leadership style motivates cross-functional teams to work with you and lets you build long-term, professional client relationships.
- You have 4+ years of experience in client-facing launch or integration project roles (ideally within Fintech, investments, banking or management consulting)
- You have previous experience within or strong interest into software-/infrastructure-as-a-service products (e.g., BaaS)
- You have demonstrated project and people leadership skills, are able to communicate well with different stakeholder groups, and are not afraid to challenge assumptions internally or externally
- You have a client-first mindset and understand how to solve our clients’ problems pragmatically
- You love solving problems with a pragmatic approach and enjoy working closely with clients, subject matter experts, and internal teams
- You are proactive in coming up with an informed hypothesis, planning with foresight, and addressing questions or issues early
- You thrive in a setup where you can work autonomously, build your team and the organisation pursuing initiatives within or close to your ownership scope
It’s great if you
- Have experience working in the financial industry or any other regulated environment
- Have a background in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, or adjacent fields
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we hire decent people, who are passionate about their craft and helping us achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer, as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.
Upvest is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees