Outsourcing Officer (f/m/d)
Outsourcing Officer (f/m/d)
We are hiring here at Upvest come and join the growing team!
We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow) and Bessemer Venture Partners in the USA.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 100+ talented people from 30 different countries.
As an Outsourcing Officer your primary mission is to orchestrate and optimise all outsourcing activities at Upvest. You will do this by ensuring quality control, risk mitigation, and continuous improvement, you will contribute to Upvest's success in delivering exceptional outcomes while adhering to regulatory compliance standards. Your dedication to innovation, problem-solving, and effective communication will be instrumental in driving our outsourcing strategies forward and achieving shared goals across cross-functional teams.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Implement and further develop appropriate outsourcing management and corresponding control and monitoring processes,
- Reviewing and updating the overall outsourcing strategy in cooperation with Risk Controlling and Compliance,
- Creation and maintenance of complete documentation of outsourcing,
- Supporting the specialist departments with regard to the internal and legal requirements for outsourcing,
- Ensuring integration into the internal control system, the business continuity management and/or the emergency concept of the company,
- Coordinating and reviewing the risk analysis carried out by the relevant departments,
- Monitoring the implementation of the audit findings made by the internal audit, compliance, external audit and the central office with regard to material outsourcing,
- Ensuring a uniform methodology for processes, KPIs, KRIs, reporting and escalation processes,
- To be the central contact for auditors, supervisors and internal departments for the audit field of outsourcing controlling.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the field of outsourcing management, risk or compliance at a bank or financial institution
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements according to KWG, MaRisk, BAIT and the EBA guidelines on outsourcing management
- Proven track record in building, refining, and automating control, monitoring, or assessment processes for outsourcing activities
- Ability to work independently and with a clear understanding of the overarching outcomes for various stakeholders involved in outsourcing and procurement management
- Problem-solving abilities and a creative mindset, coupled with a deep understanding of regulatory compliance obligations
- Experience in process optimisation and project management in cross-functional environments
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we hire decent people, who are passionate about their craft and helping us achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer, as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.
Upvest is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. We are backed by the most internationally recognized VCs (Bessemer Venture Partners, Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, Speedinvest, ABN AMRO Ventures) and by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow).