Executive Assistant (f/m/d)
We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) and by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow)
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 100+ talented people from 20 different countries.
We are looking for a Berlin based Executive Assistant to perform a variety of administrative tasks and support our company’s senior-level managers. You will support Martin our Founder & CEO. Please follow this link to hear him speak about the Upvest mission in his own words.
The Executive Assistant’s responsibilities include managing calendars, making travel arrangements and other wider support. To be successful in this role, you should be organised, have great time management skills and be able to act without guidance.
Ultimately, you will contribute to the efficiency of our business by providing personalised and timely support to executive members.
- Scheduling meetings with 2+ participants under time pressure (board, clients, management, applicants)
- Coordination of event participation, speaking slots and podcasts for CEO (and later broader management)
- (Short notice) travel planning and coordination for flights, hotels, rental cars
- Preparation of on-site meetings including screen setup with on-site and off-site participants
- Office tours and setup for new joiners, applicants and others (clients, board, etc)
- Invoice grooming, from getting invoices from restos/hotels/etc if not available. However if available the preparation of cost allocation/details
- Strategic preparation of important dates for the next 4 weeks on a rolling basis. This involves thinking together with CEO what meetings/dates have the highest impact including AMAs, personal lunches/dinners with clients/management/team members/investors, road shows to clients/investors outside of Berlin
- Co-ordination and preparation of management, board and all hands/OKR physical meetings including seat preparation, screen setup, food/drinks and travel planning
- Co-ordination of important meetings/workstreams with different teams. Onboarding + L&D with the People team. Clients + PR with the Growth team. Legal + notaries + approvals with the Banking team.
- Support in quarterly OKR management kickoffs including booking of rooms, travel planning, materials, dinners etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and German
- Time-management skills
- High attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Basic understanding of frequently used computer software and programs, such as Google and Slack
- Strong interpersonal skills
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we hire decent people, who are passionate about their craft and helping us achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer, as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.