Backend Engineer (m/f/x) Austria or Remote within the EU
Full-time in Vienna, Austria or remote within a similar timezone (+/- 2 hours!!)
With urbanization and climate change the defining features of our time, mobility is in a significant state of flux, with innovative solutions needed to address this new reality. At Ubiq we believe it is only through a data-driven approach that these solutions can be both sustainable and profitable. We are confident that, with our product and services, we can play a vital role in shaping the future of mobility.
With a growing number of customers around the world, and an exciting data-driven product that is developing continuously, we are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our team.
- Work with a great team to conceptualize, design, and implement features that make our users happy
- Improve the tech stack and architecture together with the team
- Automate and manage the Azure-based infrastructure together with the team
You enjoy working in a team but are not afraid to work independently. You love to come up with new ideas, try them & see them develop. You think further than the status quo. The more skills you can cover from this list, the better:
- Understanding of the fundamental design principles of high-available, low-latency, scalable applications.
- You enjoy involving yourself deeper in operations and automation
- You know how to design and implement REST APIs
- You know how to integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- You have worked on data-heavy applications before and have experience with databases (PostgreSQL is a plus) and backend technologies
- You enjoy working in an agile team
- You value code quality and practice writing tests
- Experience with container technologies, cloud technologies, or CI/CD is a plus
- Knowledge of Terraform, Pulumi, or similar tools is a plus
- You worked with cloud infrastructures such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud
- The opportunity to shape a fast-growing start-up & take a leading role in it
- Working with international clients in the mobility field
- A fantastic team with lots of start-up spirit and English as the working language
Flexible working hours
- healthy balance between office & remote work
- Continuous training & learning support (events, training, courses, etc.)
- Top equipment, incl. individual equipment budget for special requests, company phone, company e-scooters, etc.
- Free fruits, snacks and drinks
- Regular team events
- The minimum salary in Austria for this role starts at EUR 58,000.- per year with possible overpayment based on your experience.
Please send your documents in English, CV & description of why you are the right person for the role, incl. your earliest start date & salary expectation. We look forward to hearing from you!