PHP Software EngineerVienna, Austria
Make TourRadar your next adventure!
TourRadar has been revolutionizing the travel industry since 2010. Our Adventure Booking Platform offers the world’s largest selection of multi-day organized adventures worldwide, connecting travelers and travel agents to 2,500+ operators, and offering 50,000+ organized adventures in more than 160 countries.
We are a team of intrepid adventurers hailing from more than 50 countries. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where all team members are respected, valued, and where every voice matters. We are united by our vision to enrich the world through organized adventures and we can only do that with great colleagues.
Working at TourRadar isn’t just a job. It’s a true adventure, one where you can change the way people experience the world through travel.
We are currently looking for a PHP Software Engineer to join our team full-time in Vienna or remote (within Europe). Intrigued? Read more below!
Who will be your travel partners?
The Engineering Team plays a crucial role in scaling our global platform while collaborating closely with our product organization to expand across various verticals and product lines. As a product-led tech company, we recognize that our success is directly linked to the exceptional talent we bring on board. Our team comprises more than 40 engineers who work cross-functionally across five pillars, utilizing agile methodology to ensure efficient and effective project execution.
What your adventure will look like:
- You will be working in the team that is responsible for importing offers from external tour operators and keeping the inventory of our Adventure Booking Platform relevant and up-to-date.
- The work environment is agile, focused on delivering value to our customers quickly, breaking down work into smaller chunks that you iterate on quickly.
- You will share your knowledge with the broader team on a regular basis, and have opportunities to go beyond and contribute to the wider community and industry.
- Being involved in all stages of the product lifecycle (from brainstorming to design and then implementation, monitoring, and maintenance).
- Working on projects that will include interfacing with different 3rd party APIs, improving performance, setting up testing frameworks, participating in architectural discussions and implementations, etc.
- Write clean, tested, and well-documented code.
- Bringing our platform to the next level.
- Working closely with our management and tech team.
What you’ll need to bring to your adventure:
- Professional, enterprise-level experience with software on the LAMP stack (PHP8).
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts like serverless code execution, managed services, and horizontal and vertical scaling strategies.
- Worked with MVC frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony, and CodeIgniter.
- Experience designing and consuming APIs.
- Experience with RDBMS (schema design, indices, caching).
- Experience with testing and automation (unit tests, CodeCeption, end-to-end testing, Behat/Gherkin).
- Experience with CI/CD
- Basic understanding of fundamental design principles of a scalable application.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills.
Bonus points if you have skills in:
- Hands-on experience with the AWS technology stack
- Experience with Docker images
- Experience with Microservices
- Fluent in multiple programming languages
- Frontend: React, Redux, GraphQL, CSS-in-JS, Webpack, TypeScript, Jest, Cypress
- Backend: PHP 8 (Laravel and Symfony as frameworks), TypeScript/Node.js, Python, Golang
- Data Stores: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Aurora, DynamoDB
- Containers: Docker
- Automation: Terraform, Ansible
- CI/CD: BitBucket pipelines, Jenkins
- Hosting: AWS (EC2, ECS, SQS, Redshift, Lambda, etc.)
What you'll discover on your journey with us:
- Plan your working life with home office and work abroad options
- Experience our organized Adventures first-hand with our Travel Credit System
- Take a break with a minimum global entitlement of 25 paid vacation days for all full-time employees regardless of location
- Focus on your well-being and health with access to Oliva, a leading mental health care platform providing anonymous coaching, therapy, and more
- Learn, grow, and thrive with an individual learning & development budget as well as yearly Development and Reflection Talks (DaRT)
- Engage with like-minded colleagues in a welcoming and open office culture
- Grab a coffee with our leadership team, exchange ideas, and experience the TourRadar values of openness and transparency
- Share stories, snacks and inspire one another in regular online and on-site team events to connect our global team
As an established scale-up, we value your fresh ideas, unique perspectives, and motivations to contribute to revolutionizing the multi-day adventure industry.
Ready to embark on a new adventure with us? Apply today and you’ll be ready to go!