Sales Lead Benelux
Timberhub is an online B2B marketplace built on the belief that the future of the timber trade is digital. The demand for timber is expected to triple over the next 30 years, and climate-conscious countries are turning to wood to meet their climate targets. Leading Startup Investors such as Speedinvest, Creandum & HV Capital, invested >€7M into our Vision. Timberhub aims to redefine the market by connecting sawmills with manufacturers and construction contractors while managing procurement, payments, and transportation of timber materials through its digital B2B marketplace. We’re looking for smart, resourceful, and passionate people to join us as we power the digital trade. If you are a driven, hands-on individual with a passion for delivering high-quality services to customers, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Role And Responsibilities For Sales
- Create and execute a plan to unlock and grow the Benelux market.
- Guide Timberhub to acquire different customers and expand to new product segments in the Benelux market.
- Set the forecasting and agree on a budget for investments, target margins for the Benelux market.
- Acquire new customers in the Benelux market (customer visits, demonstration of Timberhub platform, gather requests, volumes, dimensions, target prices).
- Spend at least 50% of your time on the road visiting customers along with the founders or other team members.
- Collaborate daily with the Purchase team to find the right qualities, dimensions and volumes for the Benelux market.
- Support with connections on the sawmills and introduce them to Timberhub processes and ways of working.
- Collaborate daily with the Operations team to ensure the on time delivery of products and the handling of claims and payments.
- Build up a sales representatives team for the Benelux market to acquire and manage different accounts.
- Shape the tools / processes / time allocation / targets of sales representatives of Timberhub and set up the right processes to build a high performing team.
- Provide feedback on the product development and collaborate with the Product team to improve the platform by collecting feedback from the customers.
- Be part of the sales and purchase leadership team and co-shape the expansion of Timberhub to new countries and product segments along with the founders
- Competitive salary package with fix and variable compensation
- Top location office in the heart of Amsterdam
- Company car and travel expenses
- Team Offsites in the south of Europe
- Flexible Working Schedules and Remote Work
- Macbook / Windows laptop and company phone
We believe in creating not only a top-notch customer experience but also an empowering team culture, rooted in genuine care, hands-on collaboration, a delightful journey, real ownership and a new level of innovation in the timber industry.
- We care Care is at the heart of everything we do. We work every day as a team to provide the best experience to our customers, make our suppliers more efficient and protect the environment.
- We are hands on As the industry is hands-on, we don't waste time pondering, we roll up our sleeves and get to work. We tackle tasks, no matter how daunting they may seem, and embrace a 'do' culture rather than one of indecision.
- We are owners We want to be known as the team that owns everything to do with timber. As we own the transaction from purchase to delivery, we own projects & goals.
- We innovate We celebrate thinking outside the box, not only in our products, but also in the way we work. We value contemporary ideas and approaches over traditional methods because stagnation is not our style.
- We enjoy the journey Exceptional quality is a natural consequence of enjoying what we do. This journey will happen only once. There will be no second time of changing / digitizing this industry. We should enjoy this journey and make it a good one
- 5+ years of experience in buying and selling in the timber industry is highly preferred
- Field sales experience is required
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets and driving revenue growth
- Proven track record of hiring and managing a team
- Proficiency in Dutch, English or French
- Valid driver licence and ability to drive at least 50% of the time