Director, Global FP&A
At Tide, we are building a finance & admin platform designed to save small businesses time and money. We provide our members with business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of connected administrative solutions from invoicing to accounting.
Launched in 2017, Tide is now the leading business financial platform in the UK with 575,000 SME members (10% market share) and more than 200,000 SMEs in India. Headquartered in London, Tide has over 1,600 Tideans across the UK, Bulgaria, India, Serbia, Romania, Ukraine and Germany.
Tide is rapidly growing, expanding into new markets and always looking for passionate and driven people. Join us in our mission to empower small businesses and help them save time and money.
About the Role:
Tide is seeking a highly skilled and strategic Director of Financial Planning and Analysis to drive our financial forecasting and planning, vital to our ambitious growth strategy. Reporting to the VP of Finance, this critical and senior position will play a key role in shaping Tide’s financial future and ensuring operational efficiency and scalability.
As a Director of FP&A you will:
- Lead the FP&A function, aligning with business objectives and preparing for scalable growth. Organise and develop a highly motivated and talented FP&A team.
- Embed strategic financial objectives including unit economics into the near term commercial outcomes of the business in close collaboration with the corporate development team.
- Drive the financial planning process (budget and quarterly re-forecast cycles) and enhance the impact of the FP&A team to work alongside commercial leadership
- Monitor performance against the latest financial plan through rolling outlooks and ensure that timely corrective action is implemented
- Serve as a strategic business partner to senior leaders by providing critical financial insights for decision-making.
- Provide senior leadership with insightful financial performance reporting to facilitate strategic planning.
- Support the CFO and VP Finance in financial performance related discussions with investors
- Enhance financial models, unit economics and systems to support strategic business decisions and optimal resource allocation.
- Collaborate with IT and Purchasing to refine financial planning and identify efficiencies.
- Develop and implement detailed financial reporting across departments, enhancing availability of financial information, transparency and actionable insights.
- Lead financial system integrations to streamline reporting and improve performance analysis.
- Conduct regular financial reviews with department heads, focusing on performance improvement opportunities and ongoing near-term financial control.
- Perform comprehensive operating and risk cost and revenue analyses to influence strategic initiatives' financial impact.
What we are looking for
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in FP&A, with a proven track record in global and fast-moving scale up environments
- Proven experience in scaling an FP&A function effectively, preferably in a company that has seen significant growth or transformation, operated in a mass market business spanning multiple countries with a number of product lines, and that has been owned by financial investors (VCs, PEs)
- Exceptional strategic thinking and leadership skills, with a history of making impactful decisions.
- Advanced degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting, complemented by relevant professional certifications.
- Proficiency in financial modelling, analytics, and Business Intelligence (BI) reporting tools.
- Extreme ownership, willingness to be hands-on when necessary, an eye for detail, a collaborative approach and high integrity are essential
- Background in financial services or regulated environments is not essential for this role
What you’ll get in return:
- A competitive salary
- Share options
- Flexible working options
- 25 days holiday with the option to take 5 extra days of unpaid leave per year
- 3 days paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Personal L&D budget of £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Group Life Insurance, Vitality Health and Dental Insurance
- Spacious brand-new office by Old Street station with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Access to a global mental wellbeing platform that provides 1:1 video therapy sessions with accredited therapists and unlimited chat therapy sessions
- Work from home budget
- Team socials - virtual and physical events
- Sabbatical leave
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We celebrate diversity in our workforce as a cornerstone of our success. Our commitment to a broad spectrum of ideas and backgrounds is what enables us to build products that resonate with our members’ diverse needs and lives.
We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.