KYC Team Lead
Department: Member Operations (IN)
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
As KYC Team Lead at Tide, you will be responsible for a team of KYC analysts in India, whose role is to conduct stringent checks and due diligence at the onboarding stage and throughout the customer life cycle, to ensure compliance with AML regulation. The KYC team’s day is busy, processing volumes of new applications, performing limit increase checks and carrying out further enhanced due diligence.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Being the subject matter expert on KYC , corporate due diligence and AML risk and managing a team of analysts
- Helping the Head of KYC in Setting up of the KYC function
- Managing Day to Day BAU activities of team of KYC analysts
- Managing the team of KYC analysts through data driven approach
- Resolving the issues raised by KYC analysts and escalations by stakeholders
- Managing and overseeing individual and team KPIs / OKRs
- Managing Internal stakeholder (Member Onboarding team, Member Support Team, Member accession team, Quality Analysis Team, Audit Team etc.) and External (Members, Banking partners etc.)
- Being the subject matter expert, providing ongoing training and continuous knowledge sharing with the analysts in the team
- Keeping yourself abreast about latest changes in KYC/ AML policies and implementation of same at team operational level
- Helping Head KYC in Creating processes, in accordance with our policies, to ensure that we meet rigorous KYC standards whilst building efficiency where possible.
- Working with Product Owners to build automation and system improvements & operational efficiencies
- Building the team of analysts for KYC India process at initial stages
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have proven yourself as KYC team leader
- You have 5+ years of experience as a team leader in the domain of KYC preferably in financial services e.g. Banking sector and Fintech
- You have expertise in Risk & AML understanding of merchants
- You have decent product understanding and experience of digital KYC trends, processes, and regulations in India
- You are highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven individual with never say die attitude capable to maintain the morale of team in any situation
- You are good team leader who is decisive, goal-oriented and proactive!
- You are highly data driven and good capabilities in Excel
- You have abilities of forecasting the changes in requirements of operations of team which should be backed up by data
- You are Highly data driven, comfortable setting goals and KPIs, forecasting and planning.
- You have implemented operational efficiencies in your profile and have worked towards automation of processes (e.g., documentation review)
- You have Tech mindset
- You are comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict.
- You are a Multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently.
- You have proven record of managing various stakeholders (Internal as well as external) to get things done
- You have good communication skills- written and verbal
- You are willing to work in a shared shift pattern
- You are willing to on work weekends or as and when required
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their assigned Indian state. Additionally, you can work from a different country or Indian state for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- OPD Benefits
- Mental wellbeing through Plumm
- Learning & Development Budget
- WFH Setup allowance
- 15 days of Privilege leaves
- 12 days of Casual leaves
- 12 days of Sick leaves
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Stock Options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.