Financial Risk Specialist
At Tide, we are building a financial platform designed to save small and medium-sized businesses time and money. We provide our members with business accounts and related services, including Cards, POS terminals, Credit services, Expense Cards invoicing and accounting tools and many more. Our vision is to become the world's leading FinTech Platform. We're not just building technology and great products, we're empowering people to make informed business decisions and lifting generations of hard working entrepreneurs.
Founded in 2015, Tide is now the leading business financial platform in the UK with 550,000 SME members (10% market share) and more than 150,000 SMEs in India. Headquartered in London, Tide has nearly 1,700 Tideans across the UK, Bulgaria, India, Serbia, Romania, Ukraine and Germany.
Tide is rapidly growing, expanding into new markets and always looking for passionate and driven people. Join us in our mission to enable small businesses to save time and money and do what they love.
About the role:
- Support the delivery of a range of exciting Financial Risk oversight projects, including analytics, reporting, processes automation, and more!
- Work closely with our Head of Financial and Credit Risk, the SVP Risk and Compliance to enhance the 2LOD monitoring and oversight frameworks and with the 1LOD financial and model risk owner to understand their strategy and roadmap and ensure these risks are managed effectively, providing appropriate challenge and input to ensure that key control measures, processes and governance are in place and are working effectively
- Manage the dashboards to monitor the liquidity, interest rate, model and operational risk across the business.
- Provide 2LOD oversight across: Liquidity, Capital and Funding Risk, Interest Rate Risk, Counterparty Credit Risk, Product Pricing risk, Model Risk and Operational Risk across Finance/Treasury and Assets & Liability Management (model risk across the whole of the business).
- Monitor the financial stress tests/ Capital Requirements and communicate key risks/mitigants to Senior Management.
- Manage and implement the Financial Risk Management framework and prepare on the effectiveness of the framework for senior management and risk committees
- Challenge the 1LOD inputs for the Stress and Scenario analysis and actual exposures against key risk limits; providing a risk perspective on exposures that are approaching or in breach of limits and confirming that proposed actions taken by Management to mitigate the risks are appropriate.
- Monitor and review compliance with relevant local Financial regulations.
- Ensure that actions raised by Management to address significant risk exposures are appropriately implemented.
- Perform independent risk-based validation of key forecasting models (Liquidity, Interest Rate Risk, Revenue and Pricing Models).
- Provide oversight and confirmation that Treasury deals executed with external counterparties (i.e. Funding extensions, swap transactions) have been completed in line with agreed procedures.
- Ensure Finance, Treasury and Asset & Liability Management procedures are reflective of the current control environment and ensure identified breaches are logged and reported in a timely manner.
- Participate and provide risk input to the 1LOD finance function and technical working groups.
- Develop dashboards to monitor the stress tests and models performance and the right data and analytical tools are used
- Partner with Treasury/Finance and the Quality Control teams to ensure the soundness of the financial risk controls
- Adopt a continuous improvement mind-set, constantly identifying opportunities to enhance processes, procedures, tools, technologies, etc.
What we are looking for:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a 2LoD Financial Risk role, ideally within a Fintech or Bank Excellent attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong academic background with a degree in a quantitative discipline (desirable)Experience in Market Risk and Financial Controls risk management (desirable)
- A solid grounding in data analysis using quantitative analytic tools and good research skills.
- The ability to identify trends and interpret data from multiple sources and investigate anomalies and unusual patterns / activities.
- Solid analytical abilities and good technical skills with experience using SQL/MS Office
- Effective problem-solving skills and ability to make recommendations based on findings considering commercial and customer implications.
- Sound communication skills to communicate in writing and articulate complex issues/analysis to Senior Management and across the company
What you'd get in return:
- 25 days holiday with the option to take 5 extra days of unpaid leave per year
- 3 days paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- We invest in your development with a BGN 1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Mental health support through Plumm
- Flexible work from home, including a budget to set up your own home-office
- Team socials - virtual and physical events
- Sabbatical Leave,
- Share Options
Tidean Ways of Working:
Make work, work for you! Tide embraces and supports flexible working arrangements. We are a remote-first business that enables its employees to work remotely from anywhere in their home country. Additionally, Our Working Outside the Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world, up to 90 days per year per country.
We are remote-first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone:
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We celebrate diversity in our workforce as a cornerstone of our success. Our commitment to a broad spectrum of ideas and backgrounds is what enables us to build products that resonate with our members’ diverse needs and lives.
We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.
#LI-VS1 #LI-hybrid #LI-remote