Financial Crime Risk Manager with German
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
At Tide we are looking for a Financial Crime Risk Manager - Germany, to work as part of our 2LOD team. The role will be responsible for creating, managing and enforcing our financial crime policy and risk assessments. The role reports to the Director of Financial Crime Risk and is an integral part of managing Financial Crime Risk across Germany. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new country launch for Tide, helping shape how we manage financial crime risk in Germany, and scale it as we grow our business there.
The Financial Crime Risk Manager - Germany must be acquainted with the BaFin and CSSF regulatory requirements Tide faces, including industry best practices for mitigating common risks. You must have experience in providing advisory, support and oversight to 1LOD teams in order to understand gaps or deficiencies, and be comfortable sharing these with senior stakeholders to drive change. You will lead internal forums to demonstrate adherence to regulation, policy, risk appetite, and risk management frameworks. You will ensure that all financial crime risks at Tide are recorded on the Risk Register and will assist 1LOD with Risk Treatment plans to reduce the risks that have materialised as priority, whilst documenting emerging risks in conjunction with Financial Crime Intelligence.
As a Financial Crime Risk Manager you’ll be:
- Building a successful 2LOD operation from scratch setting the standard for financial frime risk across Tide Germany.
- Creating and then maintaining the financial crime/ Product risk assessments on an ongoing basis, things move fast at Tide so its important these documents stay up to date. Both financial crime and product risk assessments will ultimately feed into the Enterprise Wide Risk Assessment
- Identifying gaps and opportunities for improvement in financial crime risk policies, procedures and processes, and inform risk appetite across the business
- Maintaining an effective working relationship between the 1st and 2nd line of defence. This role will be the point of contact on matters relevant to financial crime, including escalating significant matters, providing additional information, analysing/interpreting legal, regulatory and internal policy/procedure issues. This includes proactively escalating financial crime risks to all relevant stakeholders at internal governance forums.
- Collaborating and assisting Financial Crime risk and Compliance team members as necessary for continuous improvement of processes and to share best practices
What makes you a great fit:
- A real passion for fighting financial crime. At Tide we really care about the impact we made on the wider field when it comes to reducing financial crime.
- Participating in external forums and engaging with other Financial Institutes to have an impact is a another area we would want you to be passionate about
- Must be self-motivator, self-starter and ability to work independently and has a genuine passion for financial crime.
- Are passionate about using technology, excited about the prospect of building from the beginning and scaling and really getting to grips with products and financial crime risk associated with them
- The ability (and enjoy) to multitask and successfully operate in a fast paced, team environment will be key to your success at Tide. Must adapt well to change and successfully set and adjust priorities as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical experience in financial crime roles within an BaFin and CSSF-regulated financial services firm and has a good understanding of best practise. Its important that you are a free thinker and someone who wants to go over and above to improve the way things.
- Specifically in a 2LOD team or closely working with 2LOD.
- Experience in conducting Financial Crime risk assessments and ability to communicate effectively with 1LOD teams, to ensure they understand the risks in their area.
- Understanding and oversight of Key financial Crime risk indicators and metrics
- Capability to create metrics, and then summarise them into an easily digestible report which calls out the key trends on a monthly basis for senior stakeholders at governance forums
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in English and German
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.