Director of Product, Accounting & Tax
Director of Product, Accounting & Tax
Location: London, Remote
At Tide, we are building a finance platform designed to save small businesses time and money. We provide our members with business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of connected administrative solutions from invoicing to accounting.
Founded in 2015, Tide is now the leading business financial platform in the UK with 550,000 SME members (10% market share) and more than 150,000 SMEs in India. Headquartered in London, Tide has nearly 1,500 Tideans across the UK, Bulgaria, India, Serbia, Romania, Ukraine and Germany.
Tide is rapidly growing, expanding into new markets and always looking for passionate and driven people. Join us in our mission to empower small businesses and help them save time and money.
What we’re looking for
Tide is seeking an exceptional and seasoned Director of Product to lead our accounting and tax product offerings. This area is at an exciting point in our journey as we have a product in market, and we are significantly increasing its reach and impact via investments in product development, product-led growth and internationalisation. This is a senior role, in which you will be responsible for defining the strategic direction of our Accounting & Tax product suite globally, overseeing its development, and ensuring that we successfully scale by delivering customer and business value.
As a Director of Product, Accounting & Tax you will:
- Make high-quality decisions to define the product strategy for Tide’s Accounting & Tax offerings, translating strategy into impact-driven roadmaps.
- Own and drive commercial outcomes for the Accounting and Tax product area; setting goals, delivering KPIs, managing the P&L, and maintaining partner / vendor relationships.
- Lead, mentor and develop a high performing team that truly cares about helping small businesses, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and accountability.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, data science, customer support, marketing and country teams, to drive successful product launches and ongoing improvements.
- Communicate product plans, progress, and achievements to senior leadership, investors, and other stakeholders.
What makes you a great fit:
- Proven product leader with fintech / accounting & tax / financial services domain expertise and a track record of at least 10 years in product management.
- Domain knowledge of bookkeeping / accounting / tax product solutions; ideally with some exposure to the UK.
- Commercially-minded, strategic & analytical approach with the ability to effectively make business impact via product strategy. Will also bring a hands-on approach, be close to the details and execution, understanding how to strike a balance.
- You are an inspiring, engaging people leader who is able to set a vision and bring people with them, empowering teams across the organisation.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Inclination to “skate to where the puck is going” as hockey-legend Wayne Gretzky put it. That is, you see an opportunity, align the team, create a plan and then make things happen!
What you’ll get in return
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday with the option to take 5 extra days of unpaid leave per year
- 3 days paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Personal L&D budget of £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Group Life Insurance, Vitality Health and Dental Insurance
- Spacious brand-new office by Old Street station with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Access to a global mental wellbeing platform that provides 1:1 video therapy sessions with accredited therapists and unlimited chat therapy sessions
- Work from home budget
- Team socials - virtual and physical events
- Sabbatical leave
Tidean Ways of Working
Make work, work for you! Tide embraces and supports flexible working arrangements. We are a remote-first business that enables its employees to work remotely from anywhere in their home country. Additionally, Our Working Outside the Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world, up to 90 days per year per country.
We are remote-first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We celebrate diversity in our workforce as a cornerstone of our success. Our commitment to a broad spectrum of ideas and backgrounds is what enables us to build products that resonate with our members’ diverse needs and lives.
We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.