Senior Design Systems Designer
Team: Design, UX & Brand
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
We’re growing our Design System team at Tide, and so we’re looking for a strong UX Designer/Product Designer to join a small team, and report to the Design Systems Lead. Flexing your full range of interaction, visual, and prototyping skills, you will create & lead initiatives that help elevate the overall experience for Tide members and improve how our product teams build day-to-day. You will be part of a team that ensures design quality across all facets of UI, illustration, motion, etc.
You are a strong cross-functional partner having worked closely with Engineers & Product Managers, a great communicator, and above all, you approach problems holistically as a unified system. You are able to precisely articulate design rationale and present to diverse stakeholders from all across the company. You are able to foster partnerships and support broader product teams in applying the system around individual product constraints.
As a Design System Designer you’ll be involved in:
- Creating & maintaining the library components (primarily in Figma) and maintaining our documentation website
- Establish design standards and principles accompanying the design system for scalability, efficiency, and consistency
- Work with and support product designers by providing clear feedback on usage, conventions, and patterns and help create new components, and promote best practices
- Support development teams by ensuring components are built according to design and interaction specifications
- Work closely with brand teams to ensure brand vision is conveyed in the design system
- Evaluate and improve usability and accessibility of components, and be a champion for the user
- Occasionally conduct/participate in user research where relevant to the design system
- Bring new ideas to the table and define next-generation interfaces raising the bar of design at Tide
What makes you a great fit:
- 5+ years of experience working in Product teams as a Design System specialist
- You have a portfolio that shows design systems you have created or largely contributed to and 2+ years of experience working on design systems.
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (Web, iOS, Android, etc).
- You are a Figma power-user
- Excellent presentation and documentation skills
- Keen eye for visual design / Brand craft
- You enjoy socialising a design system across an internal organisation. You care about partnering and collaborating through documentation, office hours, and pairing up with fellow designers.
- You're passionate about creating inclusive & accessible products and have a good understanding of designing for accessibility
- Able to work independently as well as collaborate with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment.
- Comfortable working with virtual teams across multiple time zones and geographies
- You are an open communicator, able to accept and deliver feedback.
- You leave no stone unturned in your quest for delivery.
- Early adopter who enjoys staying current on technology, design, and keenly aware of trends
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their assigned Indian state. Additionally, you can work from a different country or Indian state for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- OPD Benefits
- Mental wellbeing through Plumm
- Learning & Development Budget
- WFH Setup allowance
- 15 days of Privilege leaves
- 12 days of Casual leaves
- 12 days of Sick leaves
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Stock Options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.