Operations Manager - Payments
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a data-driven Operations Manager, ideally with experience in Consulting, Operations, Finance, or Technology. In this role you’ll become a key member of Tide’s Payments Operations team, working with teams from across the company - including member support, financial crime, finance, tech, and product - as well as with our suppliers and Tide Members.
As an Operations Manager at Tide you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven.
As an Operations Manager you’ll be:
Working in our Cards Operations team. Among other things you will be:
- Managing, monitoring and replenishing our card stock levels
- Liaising with key stakeholders for cards related matters
- Analysing and reporting on existing card features, bugs, potential new products
- Monitoring our chargebacks/disputes performance and alerting respective teams when/if needed
- Defining new processes, and getting to prove them
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of existing processes and taking required actions where necessary
- Managing project and program:
- Owning and delivering non-technical projects (spanning commercial and operational topics)
- Supporting Product Owners to manage cross functional technical projects
- Defining KPIs and maintaining SLAs, both internally and by partners to make sure the payments team is performing at the highest level
- Engaging with our member support teams to analyse queries and put forward solutions on improvements.
What makes you a great fit:
- You have at least six years of work experience working in finance, consulting, or operations for the financial services
- You are competent with using SQL and Excel
- You are organised - can deliver complex projects spanning multiple work streams and functional areas
- You are responsible - we need to be able to trust you to own projects with minimal oversight, but to bring in help when needed
- You are proactive - you’ll need to enjoy the challenge of continuously improving processes and always be on the hunt for the next problem that needs to be fixed!
- You have strong attention to detail - you need a sixth sense for when things don’t look right and the conviction to investigate whether it’s a larger problem!
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English - you’ll be explaining the root causes of problems to management and working with providers to get to the bottom of problems
- You are resilient - you’re willing to spend the time it takes to discover where a problem lies and not stop until it’s solved
- You are customer-focused and a team player
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for up to 90 days per year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days paid annual leave
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Extended maternity and paternity leave covered by the company
- Personal L&D budget in the amount of 1000 BGN per year
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Mental wellbeing platform
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- WFH equipment allowance
- Share options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.