Senior PR & Communications Manager - Germany
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We want passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a highly-driven, collaborative and bold German PR Manager to join our growing team in Germany, reporting into the Head of PR and Communications for Tide.
You’ll be confident, creative, highly-organised, systematic and highly-organised. You’ll have exceptional attention to detail, and be able to execute at pace. You’ll have a demonstrable background in intelligent PR, preferably in a high-growth environment.
We want you to build awareness of Tide in Germany, helping to drive company goals, pumping the news pipeline, and managing reputation. You’ll have a passion for supporting small businesses, in their challenging and joyful journeys.
You’ll be a self-starter, yet able to work with and get the best out of multiple stakeholders, while keeping in mind Tide’s mission of saving small businesses time and money. In this, you’ll get to work with some of the best minds in the industry, including Tide’s Marketing, Engagement, Product, Customer Support, Legal, People, Finance and Compliance teams internally, and with Tide’s German PR agency, Public Affairs stakeholders, the media and thought leadership players externally.
You may get involved in Global PR, as Tide is scaling rapidly.
You will be an excellent writer and have a passion for telling the Tide story, as we look to expand internationally.
Tide is data-driven, so you’ll bring an analytical, and evidence-based approach to your work, thinking your work through logically and strategically.
This is an amazing role for the right candidate.
As a PR Manager you’ll be:
- Help Tide grow by embedding yourself in Tide’s German teams to launch Tide in Germany, grow awareness, trust and reputation there.
- Fill the news pipeline, with product and corporate announcements - you’ll have a passion for the latest trends shaping small business and a thirst for other consumer trends
- Grow our share of voice via German-focused campaigns, including across female entrepreneurship, Net Zero, growing the voice of small businesses, and as we build these out globally
- You’ll know the German tier one and industry media backwards, and own relationships with many key journalists, while nurturing a highly-productive relationship with our German PR agency
- Run our German Press Office in synchronicity with external German PR agency support - proactively dealing with inbound media interest and following up with relevant spokespeople to ensure a smooth process from start to finish
- Work with Tide’s C-Suite, specialist spokespeople and ambassadors in Germany in earned media relations, and events - managing the message and translating impactfully
- Handle and help to pre-empt complicated issues involving multiple stakeholders when they crop up, and work with journalists to make sure Tide’s reputation is being upheld, but also built in the process
- You’ll support our internal marketing, engagement, finance, legal, customer support and other teams, and turn great ideas into PR that influences and shapes debate
- Public Affairs: you’ll be well-versed, or get up to speed quickly with behind-the-scenes trends, including those in open banking, at BaFin and others in the German ecosystem - so these become part of your PR instincts
- Help the Head of PR & Communications, and PR’s Social Media teams to embed PR in Tide’s internal teams, where relevant
- Corporate Communications: as Tide grows you’ll be expected to support on this, growing and safeguarding our reputation
- Own the messaging, commentary and other PR-content for Germany
What makes you a great fit:
- Mid-senior level experience of solid, varied experience of working in consumer and corporate communications. This could be in-house, at a fast-paced PR agency, or at a growth company preferably in scale-up or high-growth phase
- Highly-preferable: experience working with financial services, and / or technology companies, and the ability to get excited about, and simplify, complex issues for wide audiences very quickly; including the media, new and existing audiences, the general public and public affairs stakeholders
- Innate understanding of what makes a good story for media and how to secure great quality media coverage – along with existing media relationships in Germany
- Able to work independently and proactively in a fast-paced, high-growth company
- You’ll be able to deliver results day-after day - getting to conclusions logically and calmly, using a self-starter approach
- Best-in-class planning and organisational skills with proven experience of strategic coordination of people, information and relationships
- A genuine, enthusiastic interest in our mission to help small businesses save time and money
- Unafraid to scrutinise technical data, and complex concepts and simplify that into compelling stories
- Highly-collaborative mindset - Tide is an exceptionally collaborative workplace
- International mindset is a plus
- Native written and spoken German, plus fluent English a must
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for up to 90 days per year. Plus, you’ll get:
Our team is always keen to ensure the competitiveness of the compensation package, as we grow in the location, we hope to add additional benefits in the long term!
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy 5 extra days per year
- We invest in your development with a EUR 1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform (available after you pass your probation period)
- Statutory Health Insurance
- Statutory Pension contribution
- Parental Leave
- 3 days paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Mental health support through Plumm
- Flexible work from home, Tide will also contribute 50% of office equipment for your remote working - up to EUR 200.
- Work and travel globally - up to 90 days per country outside of your home country
- Team socials
- Sabbatical Leave
- Option to take your your work device as your own (eligibility apples)
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard (soon in Germany as well). We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.