Lead Product Manager(E-Commerce Payments)
Department: Financial Services
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
What we’re looking for:
As a Lead Product Manager for Tide’s global merchant acquiring payments product suite, you will build strategy and execute delivery of our global digital payments acceptance product suite across our Europe and India businesses.
You’re an experienced Product Manager with a broad skill set - driven, analytical, and strategic with a passion for using technology to remove friction from businesses to get paid esp via digital channels. You are resolutely customer-focused and recognise the importance of truly understanding what matters to customers, constantly obsessing about customer
You’ll be working as part of a team to help us build the platform that connects micro and small businesses with the payment acceptance capabilities they need. You’ll have responsibility for leading a team, setting the vision and strategy for a specific.
You’ll be working alongside experienced product professionals and hand-in-hand with senior developers, data scientists, designers, and marketers to research, build, ship and improve the product. You will be commercially focussed and you will need a good understanding of data and ability to make decisions based on those metrics. You will be evaluating a competitive space and striving to continuously improve our position in the market..
As a Lead Product Manager you’ll be:
- Develop and drive the product vision & strategy within our merchant acquiring payments business for our digital/e-commerce product portfolio, aligned with the company's overall objectives and targets.
- Conduct market research to identify trends, competitive landscape, and customer needs to inform product decisions.
- Drive the product-led cross-functional teams through the product development lifecycle, from concept to launch and eventual value realisation, while ensuring timely delivery and quality.
- Prioritise product features and enhancements based on market requirements, customer feedback, and business goals.
- Create and maintain a product roadmap, ensuring alignment with near- & medium-term business objectives and long-term vision.
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, including engineering, operations, risk, marketing and other product teams, to ensure a coordinated product strategy and successful launches.
- Lead by example: you will be hands on, take ownership for business metrics and product KPIs and play a pivotal role in bringing all stakeholders onboard.
- Define and scope new product ideas leveraging internal technology and external vendor solutions.
- Cultivate a seamless customer experience by ensuring the smooth functioning of automated and manual processes.
- Manage & coach a team of experienced product managers to own and drive the impact of the product in line with objectives & targets.
What makes you a great fit:
- You have 9+ years of experience in Product Management with Proven experience working with agile/scrum delivery teams.
- Strong understanding of the merchant acquiring industry, payments, and financial technology preferably with strong experience in the e-commerce domain across global geographies.
- You’re a product evangelist: obsessed with the end user, well-versed in best in class product research and development practices and are willing to share your knowledge with other product owners
- Leadership acumen and a desire to mentor and manage fellow PMs
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment, adapting to shifting priorities and pioneering new processes.
- You have Technical knowledge and experience with API-based products.
- Strong understanding of the latest payment scheme rules & wider regulations in global markets and can articulate risk implications of payment acceptance products.
- A proactive "can-do" attitude, adept at multitasking and achieving results.
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their assigned Indian state. Additionally, you can work from a different country or Indian state for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- OPD Benefits
- Mental wellbeing through Plumm
- Learning & Development Budget
- WFH Setup allowance
- 15 days of Privilege leaves
- 12 days of Casual leaves
- 12 days of Sick leaves
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Stock Options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.