Risk Operations Lead - Merchant Acquiring Payment Products
Department: Financial Services
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
You're joining Tide at a really exciting time, as we build and scale our merchant acquiring offering. Your leadership will be strategic for Tide to develop and deliver data driven acquiring features to enable our members to focus on doing what they love. If you are looking for a challenge to innovate merchant acquiring, this is your chance to join a team with passion to scale the risk operations and leverage data to deliver member centric payments solutions.
As a Risk Operations Lead you’ll be:
- Develop Acquiring Fraud, Fincrime & Credit Risk appetite, strategies, policies and procedures, deliver them and measure their operational performance for Tide’s merchant acquiring products; working closely with the Second Line of Defence.
- Oversee decisioning data sourcing leveraging Tide’s significant internal data as well as external data, decisioning model development, quality control and performance
- Own the analysis of risk data, identify trends, red flags and develop an in-depth understanding of the risk profile of our acquiring products. This includes:
- Monitor compliance with the acquiring products’ risk appetite, acceptance and risk performance
- Forecast acquiring products risk performance
- Adopt a continuous improvement mind-set, constantly identifying opportunities to enhance processes/procedures and adopt new tools/technologies
- Monitor performance of fraud and risk models and identify areas of improvement
- Identify further fraud and risk models that can be beneficial to improve credit performance across Tide.
- Reporting to the Director of Acquiring you will lead the First Line of Defence for Acquiring Fraud and Credit Risk and work in partnership with Data Science, Product Management, Collections and the Second Line of Defence Risk and Compliance team are the second line of defence
- Identifying and independently overseeing the risks related to merchant acquiring product portfolio (i.e. operational, credit conduct, fraud risks)
- Constantly measure, assess and improve our fraud and credit policies, procedures and controls across all products
- Create monitoring dashboards and presentations for senior management, Risk and Compliance committees and auditors, recommending which decisions to make
- Optimising the fraud, financial crime and credit risk policies to allow for growth of the merchant acquiring business whilst maintaining risk margins in line with agreed risk appetite and unit economics
What makes you a great fit:
- At least 7 years’ experience in a Fraud, Financial crime and/or Credit Risk role, ideally in merchant acquiring fintech or financial institution
- Work experience in a fraud and credit risk environment with automated processes and data driven decisioning tools/culture
- Strong analytical skills, data driven mindset and ability to work independently
- Worked in cross-functional projects
- Experience in fraud and credit risk reporting
- Proficiency with analytical tools and visualisation software (e.g., Excel, Tableau, Looker)
- Attention to detail and quality of the deliverables
- A growth, can-do and customer oriented mindset with extreme ownership
- Are non-political and able to work highly collaboratively across Tide
- University degree in business, financial engineering, engineering, statistics or any other quantitative discipline (desirable)
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.