Re-KYC Analyst Contract - 6 months (Offboarding and Periodic Review)
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented Re-KYC Analyst to join our team and assist in the review and offboarding process in Tide. As a re-KYC Analyst, you would be working as the first line of defence in our battle against financial crime. Through cross-platform research (e.g. Company’s House, social media footprint, and transaction analysis), you’ll complete client-specific KYC related analysis, Periodic and trigger alert review, wrongful type of entities review, nature of business analysis along with close cooperation with different departments of the business.
As a Re-KYC Analyst you’ll be:
- Conduct thorough customer due diligence
- Collaborate with relevant internal teams & stakeholders to facilitate a smooth offboarding process while maintaining company’ standards
- Performing Periodic reviews, CDD & EDD on existing members where required
- Blocked accounts investigation
- Engage with members on an ongoing basis
- Perform and document transaction reviews, spotting inconsistencies in the nature of business and ownership of the entities
- Work as a Case owner and be responsible for the end to end process
What makes you a great fit:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact with clients and internal stakeholders on a professional level
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a related field.
- Having 1-2 years of experience in KYC/AML compliance within the commercial banking sector, with a specific focus on offboarding and periodic reviews.
- Strong understanding of relevant regulatory requirements and industry standards (e.g.,FCA, etc.)
- Ability to operate on different platforms and softwares simultaneously
- Comfortable with, and preferably advanced knowledge on Google sheets will be an added advantage
- Excellent Problem solving and Analytical skills
- Passion for working under difficult situations
- Strong organisational and ownership skills
- You have some experience working in startups will be an added advantage
- Proactive to work on different remediation projects
- Experience in working with offboarding of the accounts
- Ability to handle the escalations from different departments as a priority requests
- Must be flexible and able to Multitask efficiently
- Graduation is a mandatory consideration to apply for this role
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 60 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive Salary
- 6 days paid casual leave
- 7.5 days paid privilege / Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Accidental cover & Life cover benefits
- Mental wellbeing platform
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for one month of the year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.