Business Finance Specialist
Department: Partner Credit Services (UK Process)
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We want passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love - for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Funding Options joined the Tide family in early 2023 to lead their Partner Credit Services offering. Through their panel of over 100 leading lender partners, Funding Options supports UK SMEs to get the right finance in place so they can trade, plan and grow with confidence. Through their multi award-winning platform, Funding Cloud, they can effectively match customers to the right lender and finance product that best suits their needs in minutes with funding decisions in as little as 20 seconds, giving every customer a 5 Star experience whether successful or not, through our sheer professionalism and outstanding standard of customer service.
Our offices are in London - UK, Sofia - Bulgaria, Belgrade - Serbia and Delhi & Hyderabad - India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members; revolutionising business banking for SMEs.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an entry level Business Finance Specialist (Commercial Finance Broker) to join our Sales Team and help as many customers as possible access the right finance, through effective conversations - Taking the time to understand about the businesses you engage with (how they work, growth plans, challenges, their experience of finance so far) and understanding customers’ finance needs and effectively matching them to the best product and lender that meets their need…. giving every customer a 5 Star experience whether successful or not, through our sheer professionalism and mind-blowing standard of customer service.
This is a development role within the Sales Team with the potential to move into the revenue generating role after 9 to 12 months (subject to meeting development milestones). The role is India based and aligned to the UK market. The successful candidate will be working with UK based customers and colleagues.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Lead generation. Utilise our CRM and data insights to contact, engage and manage our Small Business customers
- Working with the Revenue Generating side of the business to pass qualified customer leads across
- Build and nurture working relationships with our commercial lending partners
- Become confident in articulating the Funding Options proposition and service
- Building your knowledge of business finance, and gaining an in-depth understanding of the wide variety of lenders and products in the market
- Confidently articulating the different finance options available to customers across multiple business finance product classes
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date information on any prospects that you speak with (in Salesforce)
- Monitoring and identify trends whilst adding new or enhanced customer profile information into Salesforce
- Keeping up to date on industry trends, market & competition.
- Actively share stories and successes to the wider organisation through relevant comms channels.
What makes you a great fit:
- This role is an entry level role within the Sales Team and therefore you may be a recent graduate with a finance or business related degree, or you may have already gained some experience in a sales or finance related role - either way, you’ll you need to demonstrate a confident personality and a desire to succeed and develop in a customer facing, sales environment
- Experience in a commercial or consumer finance; or a customer facing sales role would be a bonus (but not a necessity)
- You’ll have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You will be able to demonstrate a results-oriented work ethic with impeccable attention to detail, determination and drive
- You’ll be obsessive about delivering the highest level of customer service
- You will be extremely well organised and analytical and work well under pressure
- You can troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively
- You will be able to engage and quickly establish strong working relationships
- You’re a self-starter who doesn’t wait for instruction, and who works backwards from targets to ensure effective execution.
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country:
- 25 days paid annual leave
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Extended maternity and paternity leave covered by the company
- Personal L&D budget in the amount of 1000 BGN per year
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Mental wellbeing platform
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- WFH equipment allowance
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.