Senior Offensive Security Engineer
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
As an Offensive Security Engineer you will be creating and running an offensive security practice. You’ll be responsible for running red team exercises and working with each business unit across Tide to ensure it is conducted in a conscientious manner, you’ll also perform penetration testing and infrastructure architecture reviews to discover weaknesses and provide assurance for platform features throughout the development process. You’ll also be able to function autonomously hunting to identify potential vulnerabilities wherever they might be found throughout the organisation.
As an Offensive Security Engineer you’ll be:
- Penetration testing in an enterprise environment
- Automated and manual pen-testing
- Reviewing web applications, source code, operating systems, and network security architectures; finding vulnerabilities and defining effective strategies for remediation and hardening
- Conducting vulnerability research and assisting with incident response as needed
- Gathering threat intelligence and building approaches for testing our environment against known threats
- Working with the operations team to improve detection
What makes you a great fit:
- You have automated and manual pen-testing experience
- You have experience working within the Fintech or tech sector
- You have worked within a fast scaling business
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Group Life Insurance
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand-new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 3 days for L&D or volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.