Lead Machine Learning Engineer(MLOps)
Department: Data Science
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
You are a seasoned data engineering professional who is passionate about building scalable data solutions and inspiring others to learn more. You want to join a fast moving company and shape our architecture to help us scale. You have an agile mindset and want to deliver value incrementally.
You’ll be part of the data leadership team and work closely with our analytics, data science and governance teams in order to deliver data solutions that generate business value.
As a Lead Machine Learning Engineer you’ll be:
- Creating and maintaining ML pipelines to operationalize ML models.
- Developing & deploying low latency and highly scalable dockerized micro services.
- Collaborating in cross-functional software/architecture design sessions to find the best solutions for the problems that we are facing.
- Working with Peer ML engineers who will be responsible for scaling and deploying machine learning models for Tide.
- Participating in an agile development team that delivers value iteratively.
- Building ML platform to speed up develop & deploy cycle and monitoring of models in production.
What makes you a great fit:
- You have at least 7+ years of development experience
- You have experience leading a team of backend developers and/or ML engineers, coaching best practices and architecting solutions.
- You have extensive development experience in Python, including development of microservices using e. g. Flask, Django, etc.
- You have experience in building data solutions, both batch processes and streaming applications.
- You are familiar with event-driven designs, specifically you have worked with Kafka, Pulsar, RabbitMQ, etc. before.
- You have experience working in an agile team, dedicated to generating value in an iterative fashion.
- You have worked with feature store , ML Observability and automated MLOps systems
- Experience in batch processing frameworks.
- You have high development standards, especially for code quality, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment.
- You have experience working with machine learning models before and know about the challenges faced when putting these into production.
- Business-level of English and good communication skills.
- Experience with Git and Docker.
- Experience working with ML platforms is a plus.
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their assigned Indian state. Additionally, you can work from a different country or Indian state for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- OPD Benefits
- Mental wellbeing through Plumm
- Learning & Development Budget
- WFH Setup allowance
- 15 days of Privilege leaves
- 12 days of Casual leaves
- 12 days of Sick leaves
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Share Options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.