Who are Tide?
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTech’s in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for::
As a re-KYC Analyst, you would be working as the first line of defence in our battle against financial crime. Through cross-platform research (e.g. Company’s House, social media footprint, and transaction analysis), you’ll complete client-specific KYC related analysis, Periodic and trigger alert review, wrongful type of entities review, nature of business analysis along with close cooperation with different departments of the business.
As a re-KYC Analyst you’ll be:
- Full account reviews (periodic and event-driven)
- Performing transaction reviews
- Maintain the most up-to-date information for all existing members
- Communicating with members (written communication only)
- Operating with diverse data and documentation as part of the company’s CDD and EDD processes
- Identifying areas of improvement that can result in an increase of efficiency and better member experience
- Assist on different Remediation Projects
What makes you a great fit:
- You are good in taking initiative and be naturally inquisitive about KYC principles and processes
- You have 1+ year's work experience working in KYC/compliance, preferably in a highly regulated environment
- You have a clear understanding and application of the UK regulatory landscape
- You have strong understanding and experience of CDD and EDD processes
- You have similar work experience, preferably in the financial services or gaming industries
- You have previous client service experience or dealing with third party suppliers/partners
- You have previous experience working on Google sheets
- You have an analytical mind–able to digest large data sets and spot patterns and trends with ease
- You have exceptional English communication skills – written and verbal
- You have the ability to work well as part of a team; decisive; goal-oriented; proactive; able to adapt to different people and styles
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for up to 90 days a year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days paid leave
- Additional health and dental insurance
- We invest in your development with a 40k INR professional L&D budget per year and up to 3 L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working - please note you will have to visit the Hyderabad office 4 times a year and during high-level leadership visits. You will be notified about that at least 2 weeks in advance.
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for one month of the year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.