Principal Cloud Engineer
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a highly experienced Principal Cloud Engineer to join our team in London. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of cloud computing platforms and technologies, with specific experience with Kubernetes, AWS, Argo CD, APIs, containers, cloud security, Agile ways of working, and hands-on coding. They will also be able to lead and mentor other engineers, and help to architect and implement cloud-based solutions.
As a Principal Cloud Engineer you’ll:
- Design, build, and maintain cloud-based solutions
- Lead and mentor other engineers
- Stay up-to-date on the latest cloud computing technologies
- Troubleshoot and resolve cloud-based and networking issues
- Work with other teams to ensure that cloud-based solutions meet the needs of the business, strong collaboration skills.
What makes you a great fit:
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in distributed computing
- Experience with a variety of cloud computing platforms and technologies, including AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Vault.
- Experience with Argo CD, APIs, containers, cloud security, Agile ways of working, and hands-on coding in Python and (preferably) Java
- GitOps as a deployment methodology.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in Pair Coding
- Ability to automate - Infrastructure as Code
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Group Life Insurance
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand-new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 3 days for L&D or volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.