Customer Service Team Lead
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
As any leadership position, Team Leaders at Tide are instrumental in making sure everything runs smoothly from a Member Support perspective. It's an exciting role that will require a jack of all trades approach and a strong ownership mindset. You'll have a dynamic variety of tasks on a day-to-day basis and face challenges that often require a unique solution.
Your main task as the name suggests, will be naturally to lead and manage your team of agents. This aspect would require excellent social skills and solid communication abilities. You will be directly responsible for the performance of your team and the successful completion of their targets. As a start-up, Tide is full of energetic people willing to grow and exceed expectations. Perseverance and hard work are values we strongly believe in. At the same time, this comes with the realization that teamwork and camaraderie are essential. Leadership comes from within - by giving example, providing motivation and unity.
Member Support is the frontline of Tide - this is the place where everything critical happens. As you and your team deal with members and their queries, you will gain a valuable, keen understanding and knowledge of their needs. This is crucial information which can be used to optimize our department and organization as a whole.
As a Member Support Team Lead you’ll be:
- Spotting patterns is second nature to you, and you’re always ready to highlight areas that can be improved
- Juggling priorities to ensure that members get the best support experience
- Getting to grips with tough transactional challenges like unfamiliar transactions, missing payments,etc.
- Enjoy helping mentor new members of the team, and support them with your wisdom and experience and help out with common back office tasks
- Working 5 days with 2 days off, Week off on a rotational basis.
- Actively involved on different social media channels with focus on resolving member issues
What makes you a great fit:
- At least 3 years of experience in leading customer-facing teams, with track record of meeting KPIs
- Excellent people skills, people- and result-oriented mind with clear ideas how to grow and develop a team with professionals on different skill levels
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Ability to use industry tools like Kustomer, Zendesk, GSuite, and Jira
- You are confident talking with our customers to help them get the most from their business account
- Passion for problem-solving and finding solutions to difficult situations
- You are always on the lookout for recurring issues and help create new workflows to solve them
- Strong organizational skills
- At least 2 years of experience working in customer service (preferably in the finance industry)
- Excellent computer skills
- You have some experience working in startups
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their assigned Indian state. Additionally, you can work from a different country or Indian state for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days holiday
- Additional health and dental insurance
- We invest in your development with a 40k INR professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.