Staff Data Engineer(Snowflake/ETL)
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
As part of the team, you will be responsible for building and running the data pipelines and services that are required to support business functions/reports/dashboard.. We are heavily dependent on Snowflake, Airflow, Fivetran, dbt , Looker for our business intelligence and embrace AWS as a key partner across our engineering teams.
As a Analytics Engineer you’ll be:
- Design & architect complex Data Warehousing/Data Lake solutions on Snowflake
- Designing, developing, and implementing scalable, automated processes for data extraction, processing, and analysis in a Data Mesh architecture
- Mentoring other Junior Engineers in the Team
- Be a “go-to” expert for data technologies and solutions
- Ability to provide on the ground troubleshooting and diagnosis to architecture and design challenges
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues as they arise
- Looking for ways of improving both what and how data pipelines are delivered by the department
- Optimising with the capability to do performance tune complex SQL queries on Snowflake along with deep understanding of different data partition strategies
- Working with Data Analysts to ensure that all data feeds are optimised and available at the required times. This can include Change Capture, Change Data Control and other “delta loading” approaches
- Support data governance, data improvement, and other data platform initiatives
- Responsible to design solution for data integration, data management, metadata management, and data quality
- Discovering, transforming, testing, deploying and documenting data sources
- Applying, help defining, and championing data warehouse governance: data quality, testing, coding best practises, and peer review
What makes you a great fit:
- You have 10-12 years of experience with increasing responsibilities implementing data solutions with a focus on snowflake or similar warehouse
- You have In-depth understanding of Data Warehouse, ETL concept and data modelling principles
- You have good knowledge of Data modelling approaches like Kimball and Datavault etc., along with strong Data Warehousing and Data Modelling fundamentals like Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Dimension Tables and Fact Tables.
- You have good understanding of Cloud based data solution components and architecture covering data ingestion, data processing, data cataloguing, security, devops, consumption, etc
- You have experience implementing core Snowflake concepts such as data sharing, UDFs, zero copy clones, time travel, micro partition, stored procedures, data import/export, external tables,
- You have experience architecting analytical databases in Data Mesh architecture
- You have ability in problem solving and proactively engage with other cross functional teams to help resolve issues and blockers
- You have ability to consider alternative solutions/components and make design decisions backed by justification
- You have drive technical discussions / demos / presentations with client stakeholders, demonstrating deep expertise and quality of designs
- You have Perform design/code reviews of the team to identify issues/risks and mitigations
- You have experience with python, governance tool (e.g. Atlan, Alation, Collibra) or data quality tool (e.g. Great Expectations, Monte Carlo, Soda) will be added advantage• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have experience with Agile Development methodology
- You have strong communication skills
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- OPD Benefits
- Mental wellbeing through Plumm
- Learning & Development Budget
- WFH Setup allowance
- 25 Annual leaves
- Family & Friendly Leaves
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.