Director of Financial Reporting & Control
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
It’s exciting times here at Tide, we are scaling and developing our product offering at a phenomenal rate and have made our first step into our ambitious plans towards international expansion with our move into the Indian SME marketplace. We need someone to be proactive, take hands-on initiative, exhibiting extreme ownership to build out best in class financial reporting and control financial control function, including a robust control framework and processes for our global operations.As our new Director of Financial Reporting & Control, you’ll report to the VP of Finance and be responsible for the financial controllership of the Tide Group.
As a Director of Financial Reporting & Control you’ll be:
- Building robust financial control processes and strengthening internal control framework, including all related Policies and Procedures
- Ensuring proper books and records for all financial transactions
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting of monthly P&L, balance sheet and cash flow, annual financial statements, regulatory and investor reporting
- Maintaining best practice documentation of accounting policy and papers for material transactions and revenue recognition
- Legal entity control, consolidation and intercompany balance reconciliation
- Managing relationships with external auditors, tax advisors and outsourced accounting providers, including for regional offices in Bulgaria, India and Luxembourg
- Collaborating with other departments on tax and accounting matters as well as coordinating with internal product engineering teams and consultants on R&D projects that are eligible for tax relief
- Acting as taxation and transfer pricing SME across the group to support corporate structuring activities.
- Collate financial data for the preparation of corporation tax and VAT returns, ensuring compliance with tax legislation
- Regular reporting of financial performance, financial risk, financial control, taxation, ESG and other topical matters to the Finance & Audit Committee
- Identifying opportunities to streamline and improve accounting processes, operations and systems. Including driving the upgrade of the core ledger and reporting system
- Overseeing the monthly ledger close, cost accounting and accounts payable and receivable functions
- Growing and developing a highly motivated and talented financial control team
What makes you a great fit if you have/are:
- At least 10 years (post PQ) operating experience in financial control, recently at senior (ideally director) level
- Extensive background in a financial services company (fintech, payment services, banking, lending)
- Track record in multi-country and multi-entity environment at scale (at least 2,000 staff and over £250m revenue)
- Strong financial acumen and excellent technical accounting skills. Familiar with accounting standard and disclosure requirements under IFRS and/or UK GAAP
- Experienced in dealing with the statutory audit of financial services company
- You hold a professional finance qualification (ACA strongly preferred)
- Ability to switch between strategic and operational management; in particular willingness to work hands-on where required
- Confident dealing with senior stakeholders across the business and owning your work with minimal hands-on management
- Ability to manage a growing team of 20+ staff
- Experienced in dealing with cross-border services and transfer pricing
- Commercial acumen
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to take extreme ownership for business-critical financial operations
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Curious mind and high level of problem solving capability
- Motivated by making a difference and getting things done
- You would like to work in a fast-paced, scale-up environment
- Personable, and able to build strong working relationships
- Tech savvy
- Hold a degree from a top-tier university
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for up to 90 days a year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 26 days vacation
- Training & Development budget up to an equivalent of £1,000 a year for qualified courses, events, workshops and more
- Volunteering Time off Up to three paid days each year to volunteer for a charity or cause of your choice.
- WOO Equipment Allowance 50/50 on office equipment for your remote working - up to EUR200.
- Mental Wellbeing Support Provided through Plumm.
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.