Account Operations Analyst
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We want passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a bright, talented Analyst to help in the set-up, build out and operation of a new Account Operations team
The Account Operations team will become responsible for various types of manual payments and movements of funds. The team will be the central function for payments into members accounts on a timely basis and ensuring all payments are fully reconciled and accounted for. A key focus will be ensuring prompt refunds to victims of fraud and for ensuring that the recovery of fraud related funds from other financial institutions is as timely and efficient as possible.
The Account Operations Analyst role is a great opportunity for someone with account and payment experience to be part of what will become a key team within Tide’s Member Operations function. It will be important in ensuring that these key payment activities are undertaken as smoothly and efficiently as possible. The role will require interactions with our members but also with Tide’s senior management and internal teams such as Finance; and when required, with other financial institutions
As the Account Operations Analyst:
- You’ll be help bring together some of the existing payment and fund transfer activities and for inputting to the design and implementation of new payment processes
- You'll gain a good understanding of the payment and fund movement processes and will be part of Tide’s response to expected regulatory changes around fraud
- Expect to be heavily involved in different types of payment activity, ensuring that SLAs and deadlines are met, working with internal colleagues such as our Finance team and with other financial services firms
- You will be making payments, where required seeking review and approval from others as part of our control process, and will support our regular reconciliation processes and will escalate any issues that may arise
- You’ll have very good written and verbal communications skills, to be applied when dealing with members but also Tide’s internal team and other financial institutions
- You will understand and respond to member needs and technical constraints.
- You'll contribute to helping make sure our long-term strategy, business goals, and experience quality are all aligned and that there are healthy opportunities for visibility and feedback.
What makes you a great fit:
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in an account operations and/or payments role
- Ideally a relevant Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Knowledge and experience of account operations and payment processes
- Some experience of process re-design and optimisation, where possible through automation
- Being data-driven in your approach
- Ideally you have some knowledge and practical experience of inter-bank fund movements
- You are focussed on customers
- You have some experience of meeting daily, weekly and monthly deadlines and inputting to MI and reporting
- Good understanding of current challenges that financial institutions face in relation to fraud, the current regulatory environment and how proposed changes will impact firms such as TIde
- Ideally, some experience of working in a scale-up environment and comfortable with occasional ambiguity
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for up to 90 days a year. Plus, you’ll get:
Check/amend the following to be India specific:
- 25 days paid annual leave
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Extended maternity and paternity leave covered by the company
- Personal L&D budget [value = xx]
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Mental wellbeing platform
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- WFH equipment allowance
- Share options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard
Something looks off?