Ongoing Monitoring Analyst
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale-up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
As an Ongoing Monitoring Analyst, you are the first line of defense in our battle against financial crime. We tackle all areas of financial crime within our Ongoing Monitoring team, so you will be able to detect and prevent AML, Fraud, Sanctions, tax evasion, and all other manners of financial crime.
You’ll be responsible for the monitoring of these transaction types and behaviors across our customer base, ensuring we put our genuine members first, whilst spotting and investigating potentially suspicious activity. This role is a key element of our financial crime monitoring team, so we’re looking for someone who is a passionate investigator, who will help reduce risk to tide, and let our members get back to doing what they love.
As an Ongoing Monitoring Analyst you'll be:
- Analyzing transactions across a variety of payment types and products, looking for signs of financial crime including money laundering and terrorist financing
- Sanction screening various payment types, differentiating genuine hits from false positives.
- Undertaking full profile reviews based on potentially suspicious triggers or periodic timeframes.
- Confident in calling out potential efficiencies in our tools and processes used for transaction analysis
- Be confident in using a variety of tools to undertake different types of investigations
What makes you a great fit:
- You have a good eye for detail and are able to identify suspicious activity.
- You have 1+ years of experience working in AML and transaction monitoring controls following UK regulations.
- You have strong understanding and experience of CDD and EDD processes
- You have experience within financial services e.g. Banking sector and Fintech
- You have a genuinely curious mindset, asking the right questions at the right times, with a problem solving attitude.
- You have a keen eye for process improvements, looking how we can work leaner and more robustly.
- You have an analytical mind and are able to digest large data sets and spot patterns and trends with ease
- You are a quick learner, explorer, multitasker and are happy to be flexible shift patterns
- You have exceptional communication skills – written and verbal – and are able to communicate with our members, internal stakeholders & regulatory bodies if required
- You are flexible in working different shift patterns.
- You are willing to work weekends on a rolling basis
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for up to 90 days a year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- OPD Benefits
- Mental wellbeing through Plumm
- Learning & Development Budget
- WFH Setup allowance
- 15 days of Privilege leaves
- 12 days of Casual leaves
- 12 days of Sick leaves
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.
Something looks off?