Senior Payments Operations Manager
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a data-driven Senior Operations Manager, ideally with experience in Consulting, Operations, Finance, or Technology. In this role you’ll become a key member of Tide’s Payments Operations team leading our entry to the German market. This role will expose you to teams from across the company - including member support, financial crime, finance, tech, and product - as well as our suppliers and Tide Members.
As Senior Operations Manager at Tide you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven.
As a Senior Operations Manager you’ll be:
- Playing a key role shaping Payments Operations in Europe. This role will heavily focus on our Germany launch
- Supporting Product Owners to manage cross functional technical projects
- Engaging with external partners to agree on SLAs and performance
- Interacting with VP level and presenting research to internal and external audiences
- Acting as the voice of the customer. You will wear tide member’s goggles to define a smooth experience
- Providing support to the rest of Operations worldwide. Guiding the operations community towards constant improvement
What makes you a great fit:
- You have at least six years of work experience in finance, consulting, technology or operations
- You are fluent in both English and German. Other european languages are highly valuable
- You have work experience in Germany and know the financial market in Europe
- You are organised - can deliver complex projects spanning multiple work streams and functional areas
- You are responsible - we need to be able to trust you to own projects with minimal oversight, but to bring in help when needed
- You are proactive - you’ll need to enjoy the challenge of continuously improving processes and always be on the hunt for the next problem that needs to be fixed!
- You have to have a strong attention to detail - you need a sixth sense for when things don’t look right and the conviction to investigate whether it’s a larger problem!
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English - you’ll be explaining the root causes of problems to management and working with providers to get to the bottom of problems
- You are resilient - you’re willing to spend the time it takes to discover where a problem lies and not stop until it’s solved
- You are customer-focused and a team player
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days holiday
- Stock Options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.