Regulatory Risk & Compliance Specialist
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTech in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also have a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale-up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Regulatory Risk & Compliance Specialist, who will be a vital member of Tide’s dynamic Compliance team. As a Regulatory Risk & Compliance Specialist at Tide you’ll assist the Compliance team in several tasks and be able to cause a significant impact on different projects across the business.
You’ll do so by getting involved in projects and initiatives requiring Regulatory Compliance input, such as designing new products & services and supporting the updates to existing products & services; answering general business queries and assisting with regulatory returns. You’ll assist the Compliance Team in advising other business areas and liaising with multiple stakeholders across the business to ensure they get the support needed from the Compliance Team.
You will often participate (and lead) in regulatory research, where the team seeks compliant solutions to certain matters. On these occasions, your opinion will be precious, and you’ll be part of the decision-making process around the official Compliance Response to those issues. As the subject matter expert on particular regulations, you’ll help to steer decisions, impact strategies and support the rest of the team and business. At Tide, you’ll be able to work in a fast-paced environment, with cross-team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to impact how Tide conducts its business.
As a Regulatory Risk & Compliance Specialist you'll be:
- Assisting in executing the compliance monitoring plan, being responsible for the monitoring and actions or engaging others where necessary.
- Researching regulations and regulatory changes and helping assess the impact on Tide.
- Working with business areas to research regulatory requirements in support of product development.
- Keeping policies across the business up to date and tracking where refreshers are required.
- Supporting the Head of Compliance and the Regulatory Risk & Compliance Manager.
- Participating in and driving meetings of the working group responsible for Regulatory Risk & Compliance.
- Liaison point for our partners with oversight requests.
- Coordinating risk and compliance-related training.
- Engaging with other teams to collect and prepare MI to be provided to internal or external stakeholders.
- Tracking regulatory deadlines, filing submissions, maintaining a log of contact with regulators, and helping prepare for regulatory meetings and visits.
- Interacting directly with other teams to monitor internal requests & demands
- Maintaining incident management and FCA Communication logs.
- Participating in audit exercises and the completion of remediation actions from audits.
What makes you a great fit:
- You have a minimum of 4 years of work experience in a Compliance/Risk role at a senior level.
- You possess up-to-date knowledge of Payment and Open Banking regulations, such as UK Payment Service Regulations 2017 (or equivalent in another EU State), the Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2) and the OBIE/EBA Guidelines.
- You possess up-to-date knowledge of Credit Broking regulations and guidelines within the UK financial services environment.
- You have prior experience in dealing with regulatory bodies such as the UK Financial Conduct Authority or its equivalent in another EU State, including submissions of applications and regulatory reports.
- You have prior experience working in a FinTech organisation.
- You are preferred if you are familiar with Credit Broking regulations and guidelines.
- You are comfortable interpreting regulations and knowing where to search for regulations.
- You have a can-do, firm and proactive attitude. You’ll often be required to interact directly with other teams to chase/monitor internal requests and demands.
- You are highly organised and can prioritise workload working to tight deadlines.
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days paid annual leave
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Extended maternity and paternity leave covered by the company
- Personal L&D budget in the amount of 1000 BGN per year
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Mental wellbeing platform
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- WFH equipment allowance
- Share options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for one month of the year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.
Something looks off?